2018 College World Series

Florida's a strong team, but they're the weakest #1 overall team I've seen in awhile. Beatable, but for some reason no team can completely knock them out. UNC/Oregon State are likely playing to win the bracket and Florida/toss up for the other.

ACC: 1

Big 12: 2

Big Ten: 0

SEC: 3

Pac-12: 2

1 minute ago, HuskerFever said:

Remember when the CWS moved to TD Ameritrade and it was cursed with bad storms for the first 2-3 years? Maybe it's back for revenge again this year.

Looks like more rain for tomorrow's games as well.

I was there on 6-20-11, the worst weather date I can recall. I miss Rosenblatt Stadium often.

11 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

UNC was up 6-3 going into the eighth inning. And UNC had previously held a 50-0 record this season in that type of scenario with a late lead! Wow, the Beavs killed the Heels thereafter!!

Before this tournament started, I thought it would be a Florida/Oregon State type of tournament. Little did I know both of them would lose their first game but still look more than alive still.

And we're finally down to two teams. Oregon State lost their first game but found their way into the finals. Something that has only been done 3 other times. And Arkansas, who has a strong offense that was able to overcome the #1 team to find it's way to the finals. Should be a fun one on Monday!

Game 2 was one of the best games I have attended in some time.

The 9th inning single to tie and the following homer were exciting...then add in the Arkansas screw-up on the foul ball failure that could have won the championship and you have a real swing of emotions that makes for a great game.

Unfortunately, I scheduled our vacation to start the day after the series should be over. While I will enjoy the vacation with the grandkids in Olympic National Park and then off to Willamette Valley for wine with our fun in-laws...I am going to miss my first final game in more than 50 years!    DAMN rain.

19 hours ago, trickey said:

Game 2 was one of the best games I have attended in some time.

The 9th inning single to tie and the following homer were exciting...then add in the Arkansas screw-up on the foul ball failure that could have won the championship and you have a real swing of emotions that makes for a great game.

Unfortunately, I scheduled our vacation to start the day after the series should be over. While I will enjoy the vacation with the grandkids in Olympic National Park and then off to Willamette Valley for wine with our fun in-laws...I am going to miss my first final game in more than 50 years!    DAMN rain.

After tonight's loss might want to keep somebody with that Arkansas 2nd baseman.

That would be tough to live with.

1 hour ago, HuskerFever said:

What. A. Game.

Not for Arkansas. But the Oregon State freshman pitcher just pitched a full 9 innings, gave up only 2 hits, 2 walks, 10 strikeouts, and retired the final 20 batters. Just wow.

4-0 in the CWS as well for the kid. Shame they at least didn’t give him co-MVP. Once in a generation CWS on the bump.