Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, northwillriseagain said:

With all the phantom charges NU is called for, I’m not looking forward to Wisconsin.

 

Flopper the Wonder Acrobat will probably have Palmer out in 6 minutes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

 

I would take 24-6. I'd take it right now; wouldn't even ask to play the games.

Bart Torvik would project us as a 2 seed going into the B1G Tournament if that were to play out that way.

 

Mred would project NU to be a 3 seed in the B1G tournament if NU's games swung that way.

Edited by uneblinstu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Handy Johnson said:

Iowa & Wisconsin are GIANT frauds... (spare me the Ethan Happ rants)

 

That's what I thought, too, about Wisconsin when I was doing the KenPom update this morning, but then I took a closer look...

 

Game Plan | Opponent Tracker

Date Rk Opponent Result     Location Record Conf  
Tue Nov 6 19 350 Coppin St. W, 85-63 68   Home 1-0    
Tue Nov 13 19 57 Xavier W, 77-68 65   Away 2-0   a.gif
Sat Nov 17 19 274 Houston Baptist W, 96-59 72   Home 3-0    
Wed Nov 21 16 95 Stanford W, 62-46 68   Neutral 4-0   b.gif
Thu Nov 22 14 40 Oklahoma W, 78-58 62   Neutral 5-0   a.gif
Fri Nov 23 12 4 Virginia L, 53-46 58   Neutral 5-1   a.gif
Tue Nov 27 12 28 North Carolina St. W, 79-75 69   Home 6-1   b.gif
Fri Nov 30 13 37 Iowa W, 72-66 67   Away 7-1 1-0 a.gif

 

...and I'll be damned if their record so far isn't really REALLY solid.  They've earned their ranking IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 49r said:

 

That's what I thought, too, about Wisconsin when I was doing the KenPom update this morning, but then I took a closer look...

 

Game Plan | Opponent Tracker

Date Rk Opponent Result     Location Record Conf  
Tue Nov 6 19 350 Coppin St. W, 85-63 68   Home 1-0    
Tue Nov 13 19 57 Xavier W, 77-68 65   Away 2-0   a.gif
Sat Nov 17 19 274 Houston Baptist W, 96-59 72   Home 3-0    
Wed Nov 21 16 95 Stanford W, 62-46 68   Neutral 4-0   b.gif
Thu Nov 22 14 40 Oklahoma W, 78-58 62   Neutral 5-0   a.gif
Fri Nov 23 12 4 Virginia L, 53-46 58   Neutral 5-1   a.gif
Tue Nov 27 12 28 North Carolina St. W, 79-75 69   Home 6-1   b.gif
Fri Nov 30 13 37 Iowa W, 72-66 67   Away 7-1 1-0 a.gif

 

...and I'll be damned if their record so far isn't really REALLY solid.  They've earned their ranking IMO.

They have a couple nice neutral court wins, and had NC State at home. I don’t think we’ll sweep em again this year but I’d be surprised if they finish higher than us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TimSmiles said:

kinda wish we weren't ranked yet. given our history against creighton this ranking feels a bit premature. we need to get that monkey off our back.

 

i'm sure it helps recruiting to be ranked, but we saw how much it matters to be ranked in December in 2015.

 

Unlike 2015... we have earned that ranking through play so far.  And earning that ranking means beating teams the way you should beat them.  Creighton is no different.  They will be a test, but our guys should be up for every game that we play.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

 

Unlike 2015... we have earned that ranking through play so far.  And earning that ranking means beating teams the way you should beat them.  Creighton is no different.  They will be a test, but our guys should be up for every game that we play.  

 

Yeah, when we dropped out in 2015, we didn't get back in.  Here, we got back in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

 

I would take 24-6. I'd take it right now; wouldn't even ask to play the games.

 

Kinda like me on the 12th tee at Firethorn, Normie.  Give me a bogey and I'll go right to the next tee. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×