The Top 25 thread

JBARGIE

23 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

How can you do nothing but WIN and fall out of the rankings? Have those Seton Hall and Creighton wins been diminished? I'll go with Miles and his ISU quote. Will be interesting to see what we're seeded after winning the B1G...

You didn't hear about the new NET metric where a win for a "football school" only counts as half and a loss is double counted?

2 hours ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

You are correct.  Katz has been a huge Nebrasketball fan over the past year and a half which is why I agree with @The Polish Rifle and that Katz just forgot us this past week.  In his prior poll, I believe Katz had us 26th or 27th so to drop us out after thumping CSF is nonsensical for all of the reasons laid out in previous posts.  I'm sure next week he'll include us back in the poll after all the feedback he received and him doing a "re-evaluation" of our season to date!

We have a game coming up that will bail him out. Beat Maryland and he can say "Oh, well, now I've seen more of Nebraska and they belong in the Power 36."  Lose, and he can say "see, I knew they weren't that good."

19 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Two teams ahead of us in the AP poll lose:  ASU and Wisconsin.  Not much chance for anyone else dropping between now and the next poll.  Hopefully we jump ahead of at least ASU.  Hard to rank a team that just pissed itself at home against a team outside the top 250.

And Wisconsin is now 10-3.

Nebraska should be top 20.

53 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Two teams ahead of us in the AP poll lose:  ASU and Wisconsin.  Not much chance for anyone else dropping between now and the next poll.  Hopefully we jump ahead of at least ASU.  Hard to rank a team that just pissed itself at home against a team outside the top 250.

Ooh I don’t know... Iowa making things interesting.

Edited by hskr4life

10 minutes ago, bb33ch said:

Big win for Seton Hall against St. John’s. I fully expect them to jump us in the rankings come Monday. #ihopeimwrong

Mid take that win for them.  That win over them is looking so so good for us.  I can’t remember exact quotes... but I remember some on here really down on how SHU season would play out.

We need to remember that Seton Hall is the "HOT" team now, even more of the team of the day than we are.. We just need to play hard , use all this "disrespect" if needed and just keep winning.. We are still around in the poles that matter and deep down I think the committee might just give us a little break this year.

AP Rankings without bias of who I watched on TV last night or what teams are in my areas. Based on Kenpom, NET, Off and Def Eff, Who they've beat.

1) Duke
2) Michigan
3) Tennessee
4) Virginia
5) Kansas
6) Nevada
7) Gonzaga
8. Michigan State
9) Texas Tech
10) Florida State
11) Virginia Tech
12) Auburn
13) UNC
14) Ohio State
15) Kentucky
16) Nebraska
17) NC State
18) Indiana
19) Miss. State
20) Marquette
21) Buffalo
22) Oklahoma
23) Iowa
24) Houston
25) Louisville

Edited by noahjb24

12 hours ago, Silverbacked1 said:

We need to remember that Seton Hall is the "HOT" team now, even more of the team of the day than we are.. We just need to play hard , use all this "disrespect" if needed and just keep winning.. We are still around in the poles that matter and deep down I think the committee might just give us a little break this year.

I hate to give SH too much credit for beating St. John's. Just like I was mad when Nyatawa placed St John's ahead of us a few weeks back, that team is 12-1 but 0-1 vs. teams with a pulse.