The Top 25 thread

JBARGIE

17 minutes ago, tcp said:

we really need a marquee win right now to stay stable in the rankings. 

it should've been clemson.  

we're going to get lots of chances coming up to make that statement. if we win, we'll get back in. 

Well, we do only have one Quadrant 1 win. Here's where we stand:

Q1: 1-2

Q2: 2-0

Q3: 2-0

Q4: 5-0

Like you said, there's still plenty more opportunities. We just need to capitalize on them.

7 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

We completely dominated the #20 team on this list. I’m gonna print off a copy so I have something to wipe my ass after Christmas dinner.

Ehhh, this is simply a discussion type of deal. Seton Hall has more recent BIG victories. I'm not too concerned. Andy Katz loves Nebrasketball !!!

We will be in there soon enough. The minnesota collapse hurt (never mind that that team was on an emotional night due to the death of a player's mom).

Our schedule doesn't help us... unless it does.  Win 3 of 5 and we should be in there for a while afterwards because it gets easier.  Win 4 of 5 and at that point nobody can really argue against us being ranked unless they're a total homer/idiot.

21 minutes ago, kleitus said:

We will be in there soon enough. The minnesota collapse hurt (never mind that that team was on an emotional night due to the death of a player's mom).

Our schedule doesn't help us... unless it does.  Win 3 of 5 and we should be in there for a while afterwards because it gets easier.  Win 4 of 5 and at that point nobody can really argue against us being ranked unless they're a total homer/idiot.

Win 3 of 5 and at that point they’ll say we doubled our season losses totals and we won’t bet getting any votes...

56 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Yep..... here's Andy Katz:

I especially love his "logic" that the reason Seton Hall is in the 36 and not Nebraska is SH is playing better ball. I guess 80 - 57 is hard to understand. I don't care where it was played; it should matter.

11 hours ago, trickey said:

I especially love his "logic" that the reason Seton Hall is in the 36 and not Nebraska is SH is playing better ball. I guess 80 - 57 is hard to understand. I don't care where it was played; it should matter.

He completely contradicts himself with his entire rankings. If you want to base you rankings on 'what you have done for me lately' - that's cool, but your rankings should at least reflect that. Also, Nebraska is 3-0 in their last 3, won all 3 by 19+ points, two of those being against power confrence schools. We've played like a top 20 school lately.

What has Nova done lately to be ranked? 1-2 with a loss to Penn? What has Butler done lately to be ranked? Lost to Indiana at home, beat Presbyterian by 9?

I'd have more respect for Katz if he came out and said "Oh sh*t, I forgot Nebraska!"

21 minutes ago, ConkintheCorner said:

Wasn't Andy Katz the guy who loved us last year and thought we should be in easily or am I confusing him with someone else???

You are correct.  Katz has been a huge Nebrasketball fan over the past year and a half which is why I agree with @The Polish Rifle and that Katz just forgot us this past week.  In his prior poll, I believe Katz had us 26th or 27th so to drop us out after thumping CSF is nonsensical for all of the reasons laid out in previous posts.  I'm sure next week he'll include us back in the poll after all the feedback he received and him doing a "re-evaluation" of our season to date!