The Top 25 thread

JBARGIE

On 12/3/2018 at 8:36 PM, 49r said:

Ethan Happ with a super sketchy hip check on Omoruyi just now.  They showed him after and he had a serial-killer look in his eyes.

Dude is creepy as it comes....wow.

I didn't see the referenced play, but watch Happ closely the next time they play.  He is very crafty about it, but he moves his hip into the defender on almost every pick he sets.

But, because of his "star" status, it's never called.  Ticks me off to no end.

6 minutes ago, NUtball said:

I didn't see the referenced play, but watch Happ closely the next time they play.  He is very crafty about it, but he moves his hip into the defender on almost every pick he sets.

But, because of his "star" status, it's never called.  Ticks me off to no end.

But our really good players don't get similar treatment.   You'd think Glynn hadn't started for 4 years in this league.  F this league and F the refs.

2 minutes ago, HB said:

But our really good players don't get similar treatment.   You'd think Glynn hadn't started for 4 years in this league.  F this league and F the refs.

Absolutely.  I meant to add something to the end of my post about that, but there were too many 4 letter words and variations thereof, so I deleted it.

19 hours ago, hskr4life said:

I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that we will drop out this week.  Solid win over Creighton with a loss on the road.  Wouldn't be surprised either way.  

I hope you are right.  I simply do not know.  It isn't like our history or reputation will keep us in.  At some point the media has to be convinced this isn't the past Huskers, this is the present and future of Husker Hoops.  I guess we shall see.

9 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:
19 hours ago, hskr4life said:

I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that we will drop out this week.  Solid win over Creighton with a loss on the road.  Wouldn't be surprised either way.  

I hope you are right.  I simply do not know.  It isn't like our history or reputation will keep us in.  At some point the media has to be convinced this isn't the past Huskers, this is the present and future of Husker Hoops.  I guess we shall see.

I've looked at 4 AP ballots that have been published on line and 2 have us ranked (#17, #18) while two others have us unranked.  I suspect we end up right where we were at #24.  Also, the computer rankings are starting to normalize.  Take a look at the Sagarin rankings now (link below).  The top 10 is mostly your typical powerhouse programs and then there's us, right at #11, which is close to where the NET has us (#15).  Regardless of where we end up or don't end up ranked today, we have a very, very good team.  Let's enjoy it!

http://sagarin.com/sports/cbsend.htm

36 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Texas Tech is undefeated and curb-stomped us on a neutral floor (neutral in terms of location; not necessarily in terms of officiating) and they're #12 to our #11, according to Sagarin.  I think they should be ahead of us.

Maybe, @Norm Peterson, but their schedule besides us is pretty much hot garbage to this point:

2019 Schedulehelp.gif

Game Plan | Opponent Tracker

Date Rk Opponent Result     Location Record Conf  
Tue Nov 6 25 344 Incarnate Word W, 87-37 68   Home 1-0    
Fri Nov 9 21 350 Mississippi Valley St. W, 84-52 63   Home 2-0    
Tue Nov 13 22 292 Southeastern Louisiana W, 59-40 67   Home 3-0    
Mon Nov 19 25 86 USC W, 78-63 71   Neutral 4-0   b.gif
Tue Nov 20 20 21 Nebraska W, 70-52 66   Neutral 5-0   a.gif
Sat Nov 24 14 142 Northern Colorado W, 93-62 69   Home 6-0    
Sat Dec 1 10 118 Memphis W, 78-67 75   Neutral 7-0    
Wed Dec 5 10 332 Arkansas Pine Bluff W, 65-47 67   Home 8-0  

12 hours ago, hskr4life said:

Seth Davis has us at 17.  Said conference road losses rarely ever hurt.  Helps that we have a road win @Clemson and wins over Seton Hall and Creighton.

According to the committee last year, all things considered, a conference win or loss on the road was the same as a nonconference win or loss on the road.