The Top 25 thread

JBARGIE

I wonder if we shouldn't rename this thread and just replace the "Way too early" part with "The" so we can avoid having a new thread started every week when we appear in various polls.  

I was debating whether to put these polls in the KenPom thread, but that seems more appropriate for just Pomeroy and other analytics-based rankings posts.  What are others' thoughts?

On 11/8/2018 at 2:57 PM, 49r said:

I wonder if we shouldn't rename this thread and just replace the "Way too early" part with "The" so we can avoid having a new thread started every week when we appear in various polls.  

I was debating whether to put these polls in the KenPom thread, but that seems more appropriate for just Pomeroy and other analytics-based rankings posts.  What are others' thoughts?

I agree. I think we keep the KP/analytics thread as it's own thing, and allow this it's own dedicated thread itself as a place for ranking talk, being as there is simply so much of it and I like the idea of minimizing clutter and organizing whenever possible.

Of course the eternal pessimist nebrasketball fan in me says theres a good chance the ranking talk will be irrelevant soon, in 2019, once we lose some bad ones and people realize we arent good enough to be ranked...

...the rest of me screams that we're gonna be great this year. Hover around 20-25th and easily make the dance. Hence the ranking threads will continue.

The latest coaches and AP polls come out later today and if this guy's ballot is any indication, we have a decent chance of cracking the AP top 25 this week.  Hopefully a majority of the voters are as smart as this guy, who may or may not actually be smart, but at least he has the right opinion and knows good basketball when he sees it!

https://www.app.com/story/sports/college/2018/11/19/associated-press-top-25-mens-basketball-poll/2048911002/

Also, we are now up to #22 in CBS' poll after Indiana's loss.  The only thing that will stop our rise in this poll is when we hit #1 ?

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/rankings/top25/