The Top 25 thread

JBARGIE

8 minutes ago, 49r said:
Jon Rothstein

Published

2 months ago 

on

Please note: These rankings are based off forecasting which players will be leaving college for the NBA and other professional ventures. This edition of the 18-19 Preseason Top 25 will be adjusted accordingly based on personnel situations that arise and develop throughout the off season.

47 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Makes little sense to me that Wisconsin would be number 4.  Otherwise I an sort of drinking the same drink.

They were better at the end of the year and they bring just about everyone back 

I wouldn’t have them in front of Maryland or Purdue but they’ll be much better 

Edited by nustudent

1 hour ago, Huskerpapa said:

Makes little sense to me that Wisconsin would be number 4.  Otherwise I an sort of drinking the same drink.

Happ is legit, and presumably they will have successfully re-attached Davison's arm by then.  #4 is by no means a stretch.  Also keep in mind that last season was the first in something like 20 years that they didn't finish top 4 in the B1G.

3 hours ago, big red22 said:

The fact Karrington Davis and Jordy are the bench player with no mention of Thor and Nana means Jon as no clue what he is talking about

The reason that Thor and Nana aren't mentioned is they might not see the floor much again this year. 

2 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

I will repeat this again and often, before relegated players to the bench or begin dispersing playing tme, let's see how the development process works this off-season.  I am betting on a surprise or two.

Nobody knew that Palmer was Palmer prior to last season. I mean, eventually there were rumblings out of workouts that he may do something but nobody outside the program expected what we got from him. 

23 hours ago, 49r said:

Happ is legit, and presumably they will have successfully re-attached Davison's arm by then.  #4 is by no means a stretch.  Also keep in mind that last season was the first in something like 20 years that they didn't finish top 4 in the B1G.

You named two players. Everybody else on the team was average to bad and it doesn't look like they have any recruits coming in that one would expect to make a big impact right away. Getting Trice and King back will help, but unless a bunch of guys make a big leap (which is what didn't happen last year and why I expected them to finish about where they did) I don't see them making a huge leap. 

On 5/31/2018 at 3:30 PM, hskr4life said:

I realize that Thor and Nana might not see a lot of floor time, but I have a hard time believing that they'll see less than Davis.

If healthy, I fully expect Davis to get more minutes than either Thor or Nana.  I also expect he will be the guy that fans say "why the f is Davis playing more minutes than (insert player x)?"  I see him as a dude who will show up everyday in practice and be willing to do all of the little non-stat filling things that coaches love but fan don't fully appreciate.  Like Evan Taylor, or Benny Parker, or David Rivers, the list goes on and on.  He'll be that guy.  Obviously all that goes out the window if he's not fully recovered, in which case my guess is Thor takes the last spot in the rotation over Nana.

On 5/31/2018 at 10:02 AM, Handy Johnson said:

#25 can kiss my a**, should settle in between 15-20. But oh well, a number by a name won't shape our season cuz Ol' MO is wearin' a Red jersey!

Any mention is a good mention.  I'll take gladly take #25.

43 minutes ago, jayschool said:

They did have that one white guy. What was his name?

Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 6.06.07 PM.png

Yeah, Wisconsin hoops depends on a bunch of nobodies developing and learning their system - always has.  That's the beauty of it and it's also why you can't ever count them out of being in contention.  Just because they don't have a roster full of 4 and 5 star guys really doesn't mean anything.