2022 PF Jasen Green -> Creighton

15 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

Wonder where he will play his HS ball?

We discussed him a little in the in state thread. He is probably going to Millard North per Jacob. My son used to play soccer with Jasen when they were younger, good family. I would expect him to keep growing as well, definitely someone to watch in the future. Plays up a year with Hepburn in AAU for team Factory.

He's good.  He's a 6'4"-6'5" kid whose just finishing 8th grade.  That puts him in the 99th percentile of height for 14 year olds.  Also the 99th percentile for height for 15 year olds.  Leg hair situation appears favorable for further growth.

Good ball handler in the open floor.  Nice step-back trey.  This kid has some tools.  Some guard skills in a definitely power forward body.  I don't know what he projects to, but I would imagine it's in the 6'10" range.  (Can't assess his athleticism for obvious reasons.)

His dad is 6'7" or 6'8". I don't know about him getting to 6'10". Yes, he's a Millard North kid. His sister is a pretty good player there right now. He's a pretty good athlete; can dunk pretty effortlessly. Shooting touch (that one jumper in a highlight reel aside) still has a ways to go, especially from the free-throw line.

8 hours ago, Jacob Padilla said:

His dad is 6'7" or 6'8". I don't know about him getting to 6'10". Yes, he's a Millard North kid. His sister is a pretty good player there right now. He's a pretty good athlete; can dunk pretty effortlessly. Shooting touch (that one jumper in a highlight reel aside) still has a ways to go, especially from the free-throw line.

There's some sort of genetic law regarding generational improvement.  Our species continues to get taller.  If his dad is 6'7" or 6'8", I wouldn't be shocked at all if he grows an inch or two past dad.  And 6'9" is certainly "in the 6'10" range."

34 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

There's some sort of genetic law regarding generational improvement.  Our species continues to get taller.  If his dad is 6'7" or 6'8", I wouldn't be shocked at all if he grows an inch or two past dad.  And 6'9" is certainly "in the 6'10" range."

I hope he ends up 6’10, gets a jump shot and comes to NU, but humans are about topped out in height. As a species we stayed the same height for centuries until the mid 19th century. The scientific world attributes the growth to improved childhood nutrition and healthcare. When starvation showed up in Europe during WWII, children actually got shorter for awhile. So as a species, there are always outliers but humans have topped out. 

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

Jacob, this kid looks like he certainly will develop into a Division l talent.  Another kid popped up occasionally on that video; there is a kid with a big afro.  Do you know who he is?  You don't see a lot of him, but he looks smooth and athletic. 

That is Jaren Marshall, the son of Creighton Prep and NC State alumnus Curtis Marshall. He's at Omaha Burke and will start for them at the point next season. He's probably the third best guard prospect in that class at this stage behind Hepburn and Preston Murphy Jr. He's got a ways to go but the upside is very real. H's played alongside Chucky and Jasen for years. This 2021 class is loaded with quality point/combo-guards. They won't all be D-I guys, but they're going to have really good high school careers.

• 1 year later...
On 6/1/2018 at 8:42 AM, Norm Peterson said:

All about the mom. Many short moms have ruined the potential careers of sons former hoops stars before they were even born. 

Moms gotta be 5’7”-5’8” at minimum to have a super tall kid. 

I've only ever seen/talked to Jasen's dad, so I'm not sure how tall his mom is. But he said this weekend he's up to 6'7" now (hard to tell with his hair).

From what I heard, Jasen shot the ball really well at the Midwest Showcase down in KC this weekend. He only play Saturday though because of a stomach bug. I don't love his form, but he's got the ability to make shots at least. He shot 10-32 from 3 as a freshman and 64% from the free-throw line, so not great but not terrible for a 15-year-old kid playing varsity basketball for the first time. 

He's definitely the top in-state prospect in that 2022 class based on his physical tools alone; the question is how much he can refine those skills. He's playing with MoKan Elite this summer.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...