2022 PF Jasen Green -> Creighton

The four are Nebraska, Creighton, Colorado and Iowa State.

Sautter said just now on 93.7 the Ticket to not be surprised if Green ends up picking Colorado because of a connection there with his dad and one of their assistant coaches. I guess one of their assistants was a GA at UNO when his dad played there. We’ll just have to see.

4 hours ago, Cowboy Kermit said:

Sautter said just now on 93.7 the Ticket to not be surprised if Green ends up picking Colorado because of a connection there with his dad and one of their assistant coaches. I guess one of their assistants was a GA at UNO when his dad played there. We’ll just have to see.

I’m not saying I don’t want him but if he doesn’t choose Nebraska I won’t be upset. There’s a lot of better players nationally that Fred is getting attention from, on top of the transfer portal, that I believe could be more beneficial to Nebraska. 

1 hour ago, TheKamdyMan said:

I’m not saying I don’t want him but if he doesn’t choose Nebraska I won’t be upset. There’s a lot of better players nationally that Fred is getting attention from, on top of the transfer portal, that I believe could be more beneficial to Nebraska. 

ah, yes...the 'ol preemptive sour grapes "we didn't want him anyway" post.  😉

9 minutes ago, 49r said:

ah, yes...the 'ol preemptive sour grapes "we didn't want him anyway" post.  😉

Honestly I was hoping from the start he would go elsewhere.  He's a good player but I think Nebraska can do better and that's not a slight on Jasen its just the nature of the beast.  I like to look at basketball different than football since there's only a few guys a year you can sign.  So I like to think if this kid didn't live in Nebraska would he be a take right now and I don't believe the answer would be yes.  I can't say he would even have a Nebraska offer if that were the case. 

On 9/2/2021 at 4:13 PM, TheKamdyMan said:

Honestly I was hoping from the start he would go elsewhere.  He's a good player but I think Nebraska can do better and that's not a slight on Jasen its just the nature of the beast.  I like to look at basketball different than football since there's only a few guys a year you can sign.  So I like to think if this kid didn't live in Nebraska would he be a take right now and I don't believe the answer would be yes.  I can't say he would even have a Nebraska offer if that were the case. 

This is where I’m at on this. Heck of a player, but much bigger fish out there Fred can land.

He Committed to Creighton....   Dont really get this one.  We were his first offer and always have felt he would be N.  Not sure if we decided to back off him or what.  Would of preferred he went to Colorado.  Gotta trust Hoiberg, but '22 recruiting seems to have really quieted down.  I know we are short on scholarships but got to believe we will have some turnover.

Just now, ConkintheCorner said:

He Committed to Creighton....   Dont really get this one.  We were his first offer and always have felt he would be N.  Not sure if we decided to back off him or what.  Would of preferred he went to Colorado.  Gotta trust Hoiberg, but '22 recruiting seems to have really quieted down.  I know we are short on scholarships but got to believe we will have some turnover.

It won't stay quiet.  

From Sautter’s write up on the commitment. On Nebraska:
“They obviously were pretty disappointed I didn’t go there but I just think Creighton is a better fit for me,” Green said.

Which is almost funny considering I don’t really know what his fit would’ve been at either school.

1 hour ago, ConkintheCorner said:

People put to much stock in thinking cause we were the first to offer that is going to have an impact.  Many times it schools that offer later on that land the recruit.  I agree I thought we were in good position with him as well but obvious Creighton wrote out a check with several zero's on it.  

I wanted Jasen to be a Husker, just like Traudt and Sallis and Hepburn. Not only are they talented but they are home grown. Why the latter matters to me is basically a pride thing I guess in that such talent has been few and far between over the years and that talent has rarely ended up at NU. Oh well. I wish him and the others the best of luck except for when they play NU.

Ultimately what I care about the most is for Nebraska basketball to become relevant in the B1G, meaning upper half finish more often than not and of course, getting to and winning in the NCAA tournament on a consistent basis. I think Fred will get us to where we want to go and hopefully soon.