2022 PF Jasen Green -> Creighton

2 hours ago, ConkintheCorner said:

Okay, I just watched the championship game so haven't watched a lot of his play but that's good to know.  I agree next year will tell us a lot about his game after they lose the core of that team!

Really? I was super impressed with all the little things he did in saturdays game. My only two questions about him are creating offense for himself and his feet looked alil slow on the perimeter but I to think he’s a must get. 

5 hours ago, ConkintheCorner said:

Wasnt overly impressed with him, would like to see some more explosiveness.  Does he have an outside shot?   Kinda reminds me of Yvan..  He is an in state guy though so think we should still pursue him.

Washut seems to believe he is along the lines of Roby in that he doesn’t know how good he can be yet. He doesn’t take over games because he doesn’t have to with the players he has on his team. Once he becomes the man though the skills are there to be a dominant player he just needs to show it. I think he will, and I think it could potentially give us a steal of a deal if we can land him. 

On 3/17/2021 at 3:42 PM, REDitus said:

I think he's more of a  Shavon Shields or Jeriah Horne type rather than a Roby?

You are reading it wrong. He’s not saying he is Roby like on the court, but more in the mold of the Stephen Bardo saying of Roby that he doesn’t know how good he is yet. We are starting to see what Roby can become in the NBA. Here’s hoping we can land Green and he realizes who he can become as a Husker. 

Hopefully Jasen keeps growing. Because while I think he is a stud, his game and athleticism is more of a swing-4 than it is a 3-wing. Could be super effective if it's 6'8" or whatnot... But if he's 6'6"-6'7" I'm not sure if it'll work out. 

Can one inch really make that big of a difference?

-that’s what she said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, TheKamdyMan said:

You are reading it wrong. He’s not saying he is Roby like on the court, but more in the mold of the Stephen Bardo saying of Roby that he doesn’t know how good he is yet. We are starting to see what Roby can become in the NBA. Here’s hoping we can land Green and he realizes who he can become as a Husker. 

I get that, but I still find it an odd comparison.    I agree with you though in that I hope we can land Green.  

It’s all about girth. 6’6” 230 lbs is very different than 6’8” 195 lbs.

Yes. I agree but I think sometimes height is a bit over blown. Give me a guy who will fight for rebounds and knows how to get position.

I also think a guy who is 6’8 and 195 needs to have weight put on correctly so they can still run the floor.

54 minutes ago, Minnesota_Husker said:

Yes. I agree but I think sometimes height is a bit over blown. Give me a guy who will fight for rebounds and knows how to get position.

I also think a guy who is 6’8 and 195 needs to have weight put on correctly so they can still run the floor.

I hear you. However, in this case I was using basketball players’ physical attributes as a metaphor for something else.

1 hour ago, Minnesota_Husker said:

For the first time in my life, my mind wasn’t in the gutter...

Who would have thought at 32, I finally grew up?

I’m almost double that age, and it ain’t gonna happen for me.  It’s not all bad being a permanent junior high boy. (that’s middle school for you youngsters).

• 4 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Nebrasketballer said:

So Green and Traudt are both visiting Nebraska in June

Love this.  I like Traudt obviously, but Green could have a really nice D1 career.  It's hard to find a proper comparison to his game, but he's the kind of a swiss army knife--pretty good at everything with a D1 body to boot.  Like a Ron Harper, but a SF/PF.  

11 minutes ago, LK1 said:

Love this.  I like Traudt obviously, but Green could have a really nice D1 career.  It's hard to find a proper comparison to his game, but he's the kind of a swiss army knife--pretty good at everything with a D1 body to boot.  Like a Ron Harper, but a SF/PF.  

He kind of reminds me of T Badgett back in high school, versatile 3/4 man

2 hours ago, LK1 said:

Yeah, I would love for Nebraska to add him. Plus, added benefits would be that Nebraska needs to be able to start landing top Omaha talent, to open that pipeline up, instead of letting those guys leave the state. Another side benefit could potentially be that if things don’t work out for Sallis in Spokane, for whatever reason, it probably wouldn’t hurt Nebraska to be a school close pretty close to his home and also where his high school teammate is playing ball.