18-19 depth

2 hours ago, Chuck Taylor said:

I've spent several hours on the shoe styles and colors but haven't cracked the code. Are they playing 3 on 3 based on shoes? ?

I think it's just a simple 3 on 3 as only 6 guys are playing. Roby and Thorir look like there ready to go down the court with someone on a break

Thorir playing for Iceland in the U20 team in Europe. Taking off this week.

Schedule for FIBA U-20 European Championships

Serbia (July 14, 11 a.m. CT) 
Sweden (July 15, 6:30 a.m. CT) 
Italy (July 16, 8:45 a.m. CT) 
Round of 16 (July 18) 
Quarterfinals (July 19) 
Semifinals (July 21) 
Finals (July 22)

How much playing time do you think tanner will get this year?   He was playing some mid season last year, enough  to get  his scholarship , but it seems like down the stretch he didn’t play much at all and was more important as a bench mob cheerleader at games.    No more Duby , will tanner see serious playing time when jordy is in foul trouble?    He is the only other center , right?     Roby is not a center.  What do you think?  

10 hours ago, ZAYWHAT! said:

How much playing time do you think tanner will get this year?   He was playing some mid season last year, enough  to get  his scholarship , but it seems like down the stretch he didn’t play much at all and was more important as a bench mob cheerleader at games.    No more Duby , will tanner see serious playing time when jordy is in foul trouble?    He is the only other center , right?     Roby is not a center.  What do you think?  

Unless we pick up another "big" in the next two months, Tanner will be part of the rotation, especially if he improves exponentially from last season.  Either that, or we will be playing small, which is workable in many situations. 

It seems to me that early in the year, the staff will play a ten man rotation.   This is good as it will keep legs fresh throughout the season.  But once the Big Ten starts, we tend to gravitate to an 8 man rotation [unless there are injuries or foul trouble].  Tanner was on the outside, looking in, on that 8 man rotation last season.

There always seems to be surprises each year.  Who grows, who has nagging injuries, who is slumping,  who struggles as a teammate, so on and so forth.  But it would seem to the general public that the obvious rotation would include:  Glynn, Isaiah, James, Isaac, Jordy and Thomas.  Beyond those six [and including those six if their games digress] playing time is up for grabs, and is to be earned.

36 minutes ago, ConkintheCorner said:

Boy if we can get Sophomore Glynn back and an improved Jordy...........  Christ, I need to calm down.  don't get your hopes too high to only see them come crashing down?

That's just the thing this year.  They won't come crashing down, just like they didn't last season.  The team is too talented to not be a top 30 group.  There's nothing left for them to do to make us wonder if they are a consistently good team:  they are.  If we're talking about the ceiling, I think it's a Top 15 ranking.  

19 hours ago, ConkintheCorner said:

Boy if we can get Sophomore Glynn back and an improved Jordy...........  Christ, I need to calm down.  don't get your hopes too high to only see them come crashing down?

Sophomore Glynn would be huge for us.  His shooting attempts from sophomore to junior season were nearly the same, but his sophomore accuracy was much higher.  He could be a 14 ppg scorer without having to take shot opportunities away from anyone else.

The players coming back should return better than they were.  The biggest question for me is who will replace Evan and Anton at the 2-guard spot.

11 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Sophomore Glynn would be huge for us.  His shooting attempts from sophomore to junior season were nearly the same, but his sophomore accuracy was much higher.  He could be a 14 ppg scorer without having to take shot opportunities away from anyone else.

The players coming back should return better than they were.  The biggest question for me is who will replace Evan and Anton at the 2-guard spot.

Put me down for Sophomore Allen

22 hours ago, ConkintheCorner said:

Jordy for me is probably the biggest wildcard going into next year.  If we can get a solid Jordy it just further expands on the potential matchup problems Miles and company can toy around with.  And we don't even need an All Conference type player at the 5....we just need Jordy to not average a foul every six minutes of game time and be closer to shooting 60% from the field rather than 40%. 

6 hours ago, LK1 said:

I still think Jordy is perfect to wear out opposing teams' tired starters and backups, but he also gives us the ability to field enormous lineups:

Amir 6'6"

James 6'6"

Roby 6'8"

Copeland 6'9"

Jordy 6'11"

Yikes.  

Anyone off the top of their head remember the biggest lineup we rolled out there last year?

Probably the most frequent one was 

Gill 6'3"

Taylor 6'5"

James 6'6"

Roby 6'8"

Copeland 6'9"

On 6/26/2018 at 10:28 PM, ZAYWHAT! said:

Tanner is definitely in the mix for some minutes. Another summer in the weight room will do him wonders. Can’t say no to a big body to defend down low in the post. Coaches and the guys seem to love him and want him to get his shot. Don’t be surprised if he’s in the mix. 

On 6/26/2018 at 3:41 PM, hhcdimes said:

Thorir playing for Iceland in the U20 team in Europe. Taking off this week.

Schedule for FIBA U-20 European Championships

Serbia (July 14, 11 a.m. CT) 
Sweden (July 15, 6:30 a.m. CT) 
Italy (July 16, 8:45 a.m. CT) 
Round of 16 (July 18) 
Quarterfinals (July 19) 
Semifinals (July 21) 
Finals (July 22)

Serbia and Italy will be tough, but we should definitely tune in to any online stream we can to support our little Icelander. 

Per OWH:

-Roby left practice on crutches today; coaches dont believe it to be serious

-Jordy is out for a couple weeks after having a knee procedure

-Karrington Davis is set to arrive later this week

-Thor will miss the next couple weeks to return home to Iceland and play for his national team