18-19 depth

40 minutes ago, khoock said:

Always wondered why our guys dont participate 

IIRC, Doc stopped them going because of risk of injury, although it was right after a competitive game featuring a number of NU players against a bunch of Creighton players that Creighton won. The timing seemed more like he didn't want bragging rights to extend to summertime. Don't know that, just speculation.

The thing is, though, they no longer allow more than 2 players per team from one school so seems like it would be good to have our guys show up. NU and CU players could even be on the same team. I try to catch some games every year, and they're fun to watch. Dourisseau, Wilkinson and some other former Huskers play. 

21 hours ago, Chuck Taylor said:

IIRC, Doc stopped them going because of risk of injury, although it was right after a competitive game featuring a number of NU players against a bunch of Creighton players that Creighton won. The timing seemed more like he didn't want bragging rights to extend to summertime. Don't know that, just speculation.

The thing is, though, they no longer allow more than 2 players per team from one school so seems like it would be good to have our guys show up. NU and CU players could even be on the same team. I try to catch some games every year, and they're fun to watch. Dourisseau, Wilkinson and some other former Huskers play. 

Oh, you mean the game where Creighton alumnus, all-around asshole, and part-time pugilist Joe Dabbert tried to start a fight with Shang Ping?

Yeah, I don't think the issue was "bragging rights."

11 hours ago, throwback said:

Just wait - when the ominous tweet about all of our roster attrition comes true, all the guys who leave will just fade out of that photo, Back to the Future style.

I actually had a few people on twitter wondering where Jordy and Watson were.  If you're going to wonder about someone though, how are they doing this WITH NO HEAD COACH?!?!?!?

12 minutes ago, khoock said:

Where will Karrington Davis play... 2, 3, 4? I have seen him listed from 6'5 to 6'7. Is his skill set more of a gaurd or forward? Does he have the frame to play the 4 like we used Shavon his JR/SR year?

Sort of how we currently leverage James...