ACC Coaches Make Recommendations to NCAA...

31 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

I am not sure all those changes will improve the college game.  For example, perhaps instead of widening the lane, they could instead enforce the current 3-second rule???

I am all for this, and traveling and palming and all the other rules that officials have gotten to lazy to call OR been told they will not work by coaches (true story at high school level) if they call them.

27 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

To be the best, you have to beat the best!

2018 Duke is going to have a team that could give NBA teams a scare in a hypothetical game.  They may be more dominant than the 2015-16 Kentucky team.  To say they'll be the best is putting it mildly.  They're going to dominate.

Even a top-35-ish Nebraska team would stand no chance against them, probably lose by 30...but I still fully support this ambition.

49 minutes ago, 49r said:

2018 Duke is going to have a team that could give NBA teams a scare in a hypothetical game.  They may be more dominant than the 2015-16 Kentucky team.  To say they'll be the best is putting it mildly.  They're going to dominate.

Even a top-35-ish Nebraska team would stand no chance against them, probably lose by 30...but I still fully support this ambition.

I'm glad Loyola-Chicago and UMBC didn't think this way ;)

1 hour ago, 49r said:

No, just no. Duke is good, but a team of the best 18-21 year olds coached by the greatest coach in college basketball would still lose to the Phoenix Suns 10 out of 10 times. Plus Duke is losing their top 4 scorers i think

notice how i said “best coach in college basketball” ... brad stevens is the best coach in all basketball now. Sorry coach kryshewski

Edited by BmoreRed

11 minutes ago, BmoreRed said:

No, just no. Duke is good, but a team of the best 18-21 year olds coached by the greatest coach in college basketball would still lose to the Phoenix Suns 10 out of 10 times. Plus Duke is losing their top 4 scorers i think

notice how i said “best coach in college basketball” ... brad stevens is the best coach in all basketball now. Sorry coach kryshewski

Brad Stevens is a quality coach, but I would fall way short claiming he is the best in all of basketball now.  How many championships has he won -at any level? Rivers, Popovich, Lue, Kerr, and many others have won at the NBA level, and many, many, many others have won at the NCAA level.  Coach Stevens is a gifted coach, but you need to win to be considered the best.  Just saying!

2 hours ago, 49r said:

I don't think they will dominate at the beginning of the season in this manner, but yeah... yikes at the end of the season.  

5 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

Brad Stevens is a quality coach, but I would fall way short claiming he is the best in all of basketball now.  How many championships has he won -at any level? Rivers, Popovich, Lue, Kerr, and many others have won at the NBA level, and many, many, many others have won at the NCAA level.  Coach Stevens is a gifted coach, but you need to win to be considered the best.  Just saying!

Stevens is much better than Doc and TLue

33 minutes ago, khoock said:

Stevens is much better than Doc and TLue

No doubt.  He's the kind of coach who can beat you with his team, and if he coached the opposing team, he'd beat you with them too.  He hasn't got a title yet, but what he's done in Boston, with average to good rosters, at his age, with only NCAA exp, is remarkable.  The NBA has changed A LOT in the past decade.  Old school fans who haven't kept abreast of the revolution likely have no idea what they are seeing.  The disconnect between new/old ways of analyzing and understanding the game among some of the people broadcasting basketball is painfully obvious.  Same thing happened in MLB.  I recall Joe Morgan being about as out of touch as Shaq and Barkley.  Although, today, most of the major network MLB coverage has gotten much better.  Same thing will happen in NBA, but it definitely takes time.   

Lue may in fact be a great coach, but right now he looks great due to James, Love and the rest of the crew.  I would have loved to see what Phil Jackson would have done if he didn't have the teams he did.  Not hard to coach when at the end of the game you need a basket and you can say, give the ball to Jordan or James.

I understand everything that the ACC has asked for, except widening the lane.

What will that do?  Force Posts even further away from the basket...I think it will make it even harder to get shots inside...and I also think you might end up with more violent collisions if help defense off the post has to take and extra 2 feet to come to help on a guy driving to the basket...

The 3 second call on the defense in the NBA, i believe leads to some hard fouls as help defense gets into position late on help, because of the extra distance they have to go to get to help.

37 minutes ago, Blindcheck said:

I understand everything that the ACC has asked for, except widening the lane.

While it hurts post players it's probable that they want to the dimensions to mirror FIBA so we're playing with a common set of rules.