Nebraska Football 2018-2019

Hard to lose that game...I really thought we could have won that one.  A few passes were there and would have been big.  They got a big run on a well defended play, it was a player making a play.  We were fine with the penalties.  We won the turnover battle...but the special team were flat out bad.  Uggggh.

But hey, progress is very visible.  We are on the right track.

The 3Q was awful on offense. JD alligator armed what was prob a touchdown. And i believe Ozigbo got caught looking ahead at all the empty grass in front of him on a third and 5 the next drive or two. Im sure there was a couple more but thats what stood out. Those two passes and the atrocious special teams play.

On 11/3/2018 at 3:05 PM, huskerbaseball13 said:

We made them punt!  I get that this probably isn’t the Ohio St of the last few years but still a really good team. Our offensive scheme has the ability to put extreme strain on a defense.  It’s going to be something to watch if we can add a few more playmakers and a few more key

cogs on the line. 

Yep. Finally have a head coach who knows what the heck he's doing out there! I am very optimistic that NU can perform very well. Let's get these last 3 this year, and get the ball rollin'! GBR

17 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

Not that anyone asked, but every FBS team has finally won a game now. It took UTEP 9 games, but they are now 1-8 (against now 1-9 Rice):

San Jose St got their dub 50-37 over UNLV when NU was beating Bethune-Cookman. UNLV has Barney Cotton & John Garrison as OL coaches, and I believe Ben Cotton & Cody Green have been GA's. Not sure on the latter, if they're there any more.

40 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

San Jose St got their dub 50-37 over UNLV when NU was beating Bethune-Cookman. UNLV has Barney Cotton & John Garrison as OL coaches, and I believe Ben Cotton & Cody Green have been GA's. Not sure on the latter, if they're there any more.

I don't believe Garrison, Ben Cotton or Cody Green are there any longer.

I believe Garrison is the Offensive Line Coach/Run Game Coordinator for Florida Atlantic (Kiffin).  Ben Cotton is a GA at University of Pittsburg.  Cody Green is the QB coach at Missouri Southern State.

Edited by Huskerpapa

19 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

I don't believe Garrison, Ben Cotton or Cody Green are there any longer.

I believe Garrison is the Offensive Line Coach/Run Game Coordinator for Florida Atlantic (Kiffin).  Ben Cotton is a GA at University of Pittsburg.  Cody Green is the QB coach at Missouri Southern State.

Thanks for the update, @Huskerpapa. I appreciate it.

Good win, nice win, fun win, especially if you like offense.  

Nice to see the special teams show up today.  I've bashed special teams throughout the year, but today, well done.

Here is the deal - where the heck were the students?  They get a break on ticket prices, and rightly so.  But if they aren't going to show up, for football or basketball, then perhaps UNL needs to rethink the ticket plan.  Sure it was a bit nippy.  But heck if the grey hairs can show up, then surely the young'ens should be able to step up as well.

57 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Good win, nice win, fun win, especially if you like offense.  

Nice to see the special teams show up today.  I've bashed special teams throughout the year, but today, well done.

Here is the deal - where the heck were the students?  They get a break on ticket prices, and rightly so.  But if they aren't going to show up, for football or basketball, then perhaps UNL needs to rethink the ticket plan.  Sure it was a bit nippy.  But heck if the grey hairs can show up, then surely the young'ens should be able to step up as well.

Sadly we're in a new day and age. Attendance numbers are falling across many sports and many ameteur/professional levels.

2 hours ago, 49r said:

I'm appreciating how we've won 4 out of the last 5 (with the lone loss coming on the road against a top 10 opponent, by less than a touchdown) and Colorado has now lost 6 in a row.

Sadly, most people will remember 0-6 Nebraska before they will remember a 6 game losing streak Colorado. But that's fine. Let them sleep on us!

Great, 1920-like-game today as NU pulls out a victory in the midst of the scrum, 9-6. If Nebraska can win at Iowa as well as the 2019 opener against S. Bama, the Huskers will be going for all-time win #900 in Boulder, Colorado. Man, that victory will be so, so sweet! GBR !!!

Edited by AuroranHusker

Welp...another year in the books.

Started out ugly but unlike last year, there is a very shiny silver lining.  This team, this program is going to be good...and soon thereafter, great...at least in my very humble opinion.

By the way, this team could have quit numerous times during this game.  But again, good news, this team has changed the culture of the program has changed and they hung in there.  Sheesh, I wish we could have beaten Iowa.

Even at 0-6, I was seeing some special things brewing for this team that left me with a "well it sucks for our seniors, but this could be the start of a rebuild that we're really going to come to appreciate."

For those non-Husker fans who kept asking me how I felt about the coaching hire at that point, I just directed them to the offensive production, where we would be without miscues and penalties, and how when we were 0-6 we could have been 4-2 had we known how to finish games that early in the season.

Opponents better not sleep on us next season, because we are not only building a better program but Frost is building a team and university culture that we haven't seen in many years. Not 'us against our fanbase'; but 'us with our fanbase.'

Unbelievable progress made throughout the season.   It will still take awhile to become great, as we need find some players.    But #2 is so good he can keep us competitive until we find some talent and get it some experience.   Onward and upward.