Nebraska Football 2018-2019

3 hours ago, hskr4life said:

So this new commit... Is he good?  I saw Rivals had 3* but others had 4*.  I don't put a ton of stock into stars, but enough to wonder why he is lower on Rivals.

Either way, good get for the O Line.

Teams with big-time O-lines all wanted him. And he's a 6'-8" OT. That's a very good thing, nobody getting around him. GBR

2 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

You might be right, but I don't see how.  I thought he looked turrible.  Two-of-nine for 29 yards and a pick is Bouserman bad.

Keep into consideration its his first game since probably the second or third to last regular season game at UCF. Also he had been practicing with the scout team up until he was granted eligibility and i didnt think the backups gave him a lot of help either. A couple drops and miscommunications on routes.

Thought he looked solid at UCF against better competition.

BUT Frost and Co have continued to say that Bunch is the backup. They wanted to play Vedral bc the new RS rule allows them too.

On 10/29/2018 at 11:52 AM, khoock said:

Keep into consideration its his first game since probably the second or third to last regular season game at UCF. Also he had been practicing with the scout team up until he was granted eligibility and i didnt think the backups gave him a lot of help either. A couple drops and miscommunications on routes.

Thought he looked solid at UCF against better competition.

BUT Frost and Co have continued to say that Bunch is the backup. They wanted to play Vedral bc the new RS rule allows them too.

Vedral was by far the worst QB in the spring game as well. He looks to be able to move well which is needed in this offense. But he has a long long ways to go in the passing department. Hopefully Mccaffrey is ready to go next year if need be. 

7 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

Vedral was by far the worst QB in the spring game as well. He looks to be able to move well which is needed in this offense. But he has a long long ways to go in the passing department. Hopefully Mccaffrey is ready to go next year if need be. 

Don't you think McCaffrey will need a year to build his body.  He sure seems undersized at this point.  I thought he would be a redshirt candidate.

6 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Don't you think McCaffrey will need a year to build his body.  He sure seems undersized at this point.  I thought he would be a redshirt candidate.

My guess is they will try to separate McCaffrey and  Martinez by another year, and redshirt him if possible.   And perhaps 13 meant he needs to be ready if Martinez goes down.  But if Vedral doesn't develop in the passing game, they may not have the redshirt luxury for McCaffrey.  

4 hours ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

Atleast we will have depth behind Martinez with Bunch, McCaffery, and Vedral.

I remember Vedral also looking the worst during the spring game. However, Frost continues to rave about him.

Vedral will be a football coach in the near future.  He should be well liked by the team and coaches because he is unselfish and has a team first attitude.  I have also heard that Vedral understands his limitations and knows the system inside-out.  

That said, he and Bunch have different strengths, Bunch can pass, Vedral can run.  If something should happen to AM, I would expect both backups will play.

Yeah, there were some drops but this game was not lost on offense.  Special teams were a killer.  We'll have to recruit out of the defensive problems but it is all very encouraging.  Have the nucleus for a great offense and Frost called a tremendous game.  Austin and Held are SO much better than their pitiful predecessors.  More optimistic than I've been in years.

8 minutes ago, HB said:

Yeah, there were some drops but this game was not lost on offense.  Special teams were a killer.  We'll have to recruit out of the defensive problems but it is all very encouraging.  Have the nucleus for a great offense and Frost called a tremendous game.  Austin and Held are SO much better than their pitiful predecessors.  More optimistic than I've been in years.

Austin seems to be a good line coach. getting this group to pass pro vs. last year.

My favorite part this season has been having a handful of non-Husker friends ask me sarcastically, "So how do you feel about Scott Frost now?" I responded to one of those friends, "You know, I'm liking a lot of what I'm seeing. We've got to limit the penalties and tighten up on some basics, but I'm not too concerned." That friend's jaw dropped and said, "What? You're 0-6! What are you talking about? You're crazy." It's all about the big picture and taking the necessary steps to get there.

I wish this friend was a Big Ten alum. I would love to play him next year.