Nebraska Football 2018-2019

Enough of me being a Debbie downer.  We need to find a way to finish 5 - 1, which is a possibility.  Teams we play outside of Ohio State really aren't scary.  I could handle a 5 - 7 season.  It would show progress.   Then, go out and recruit defensive studs and offensive line studs. That's where I hope they concentrate. 

My prediction for the Minnesota game.

Nebraska 34

Minnesota 27

13 minutes ago, brfrad said:

Enough of me being a Debbie downer.  We need to find a way to finish 5 - 1, which is a possibility.  Teams we play outside of Ohio State really aren't scary.  I could handle a 5 - 7 season.  It would show progress.   Then, go out and recruit defensive studs and offensive line studs. That's where I hope they concentrate. 

My prediction for the Minnesota game.

Nebraska 34

Minnesota 27

Depending on Bowl Eligible teams and APR, 5-7 could get us into a bowl as well.

11 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Depending on Bowl Eligible teams and APR, 5-7 could get us into a bowl as well.

Wouldn't that the wackiest thing to happen *this* year?!  I remember a college football that was 6-0, and then 0-6. It was Baylor several years back, I believe.

Edited by AuroranHusker

On 10/16/2018 at 9:37 AM, Norm Peterson said:

That's a refreshing quote from a player's perspective.  Hope it's accurate.

More on this topic:

https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/sipple/steven-m-sipple-fisher-knows-what-quit-looks-and-sounds/article_0a9caf80-c0d5-578a-ad67-f0bed9566331.html

"Those kids at UCF didn't want to play," he says. "These kids (at Nebraska) want to play. It's not 100 percent where you want it on gameday. But at least they want to play. They have to do a better job of figuring out how not to lose a football game, but these kids are not shutting it down on us."

"After the game in the locker room here, it's not guys who are quiet — it's guys who are frustrated and angry that they're losing," Fisher says. "It's not that dull, quiet, that 'Let's just get on the plane and go home and get through this.' It's not any of that, in my opinion."

This season is simply about building and enjoying the progress. Sucks we have left some wins out there but it is what it is. We will have a dynamic trio on offense next year with Martinez, Spielman, and Washington. It will be fun to watch them grow. I dont think Michigan State or Iowa is gonna want anything to do with us by the end of the year.

3 hours ago, hskr4life said:

Did not expect that.  Boiler Up!

Ozigbo might have himself a day in the 'Shoe

That would be great, needless to say.  However, like we did at one time, they have 2 wks. to prepare for us.  That won't turn them into a great 'D', but they'll certainly be ready to get the taste of defeat out of their mouths.  What luck once again.

It's nice to have some players on the team who respect and understand the importance of a 'blackshirt.'

Ben Stille turned down a blackshirt because "he didn't believe he practiced well enough."

https://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/husker-defense-adds-four-blackshirts-but-ben-stille-turns-his/article_f54e6781-177c-5b59-b32e-46b37c81b12f.html

I am not certain he is number 2.  Frost said so much after the game.  The coaches wanted to get him game action, just in case.  He can now play in three more games and still redshirt.  There is a drop-off after AM, obviously.  But now both QB's, have game action under their belt, if needed.

That may have been one of the best first quarters of football in a few years.  BCU was not good, but our execution was excellent.

1 hour ago, Huskerpapa said:

I am not certain he is number 2.  Frost said so much after the game.  The coaches wanted to get him game action, just in case.  He can now play in three more games and still redshirt.  There is a drop-off after AM, obviously.  But now both QB's, have game action under their belt, if needed.

That may have been one of the best first quarters of football in a few years.  BCU was not good, but our execution was excellent.

I had heard that if Adrian went down, Noah would be he guy. So I guess it is what it is.