Nebraska Football 2018-2019

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 5:02 PM, brfrad said:

I am coming off as negative.  It was my gut reaction to seeing a team we should beat and lose because of our mistakes.  I would have been more positive if we would have lost, but played with limited mistakes.  It gets old going into what seems like every game thinking "what mistake will Nebraska make to lose the game."  I do believe Frost will eventually get us to stop saying that.  I think a bowl game would be huge for us as far as practice time, and another game for experience.   We now have to win a game we shouldn't win.

Finally, I do think this team improves this year, and wins 6 or 7, depending if we get to make up the Akron game.  Just a hard pill to swallow with the coulda and shoulda.

So what you're saying is you would have felt better about things if we'd lost in a manner that showed limited opportunities for improvement rather than losing in a way that suggests lots of opportunities for improvement for a team playing their first game under a new coaching staff against a Power 5 foe that already had a game under their belt?

33 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Look at Martinez... sickening that a team does this crap.

DmxDzDFXoAAEaAt.jpg

Yeah, this is bullshit.

So, what can be done?  Frost says they sent the tape to the right people to review.  But what penalty, at this point, can they impose?

Keep in mind, by the way, that #53 was late to the play and put a hit on AM AFTER he was already down. Well after.  And #53 is already getting up off the turf when this photo is being snapped; meanwhile, chicken shit #44 is still twisting on AM's knee.

Total bullshit.  McCartney is probably proud.

Edited by Norm Peterson

The video below is instructive as well.

At the :02 mark of the video, AM is down.  The LB #53 is flat footed THREE YARDS AWAY.  AM is already down before #53 even starts moving in his direction.  Watch the two clips together.  It's unmistakable.  AM is already down before #53 starts moving in his direction.  So, #53 did not have like a huge "head of steam" built up and just couldn't get his momentum stopped before colliding.  He didn't START toward AM until AM's knee was already down.  And he's 3 yards away.

No.  This was a deliberate attempt to injure a defenseless player.  By both of the CU players.  There's going to be some payback next year. Montez might want to consider turning pro after this season.

CBS lists Nebraska in the "Bottom 25":

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/bottom-25-college-football-rankings-nebraska-north-carolina-are-stumbling-out-of-the-gates/amp/

"So, let's see, the Scott Frost Era began with a game canceled because of weather, and then a home loss to old Big 8 rival Colorado. Now the Huskers have to deal with a tough Troy team to avoid a 0-2 start. (NR)"

I am not going to imply that the play was clean, but for those that have played the game knows this crap occurs nearly every game.  We put up with the crap almost every tme we played Missouri, and teams and players accused the Huskers of dirty play, especially our "abuse" of a certain KSU QB.  I also believe it was either Oklahoma or Oklahoma State that had an extremely late hit on Micky Joseph that caused an injury.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't be bringing the play to the attention of the league offices, but I also know that it is the ugly side of a very physical sport.  Colorado knew A-Mart was a freshman playing his first game and was likely told to be physical with him when he was outside the pocket.  Again, it is crap, but it is naive to think it only happens to us.

11 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

I am not going to imply that the play was clean, but for those that have played the game knows this crap occurs nearly every game.  We put up with the crap almost every tme we played Missouri, and teams and players accused the Huskers of dirty play, especially our "abuse" of a certain KSU QB.  I also believe it was either Oklahoma or Oklahoma State that had an extremely late hit on Micky Joseph that caused an injury.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't be bringing the play to the attention of the league offices, but I also know that it is the ugly side of a very physical sport.  Colorado knew A-Mart was a freshman playing his first game and was likely told to be physical with him when he was outside the pocket.  Again, it is crap, but it is naive to think it only happens to us.

Agree.  It's also important to remember the nastiness of the Blackshirts is back as well, and we were doing plenty extra to their quarterback on a few of those sacks.  With Frost at the helm, I welcome any team to try to out-tough his players or play dirty.  It's going to be a bloodbath down there next year, and we'll win handily.  I think this will be the case with several teams we face this season--we'll put up a good fight and lose the execution battle due to new systems and then destroy them next year.  

Having stated the above, we're going to win 1-2 we're not supposed to this season.  The coaching difference is abundantly clear.  The program is back and it's only a matter of time.  

On September 11, 2018 at 10:39 AM, Norm Peterson said:

The video below is instructive as well.

At the :02 mark of the video, AM is down.  The LB #53 is flat footed THREE YARDS AWAY.  AM is already down before #53 even starts moving in his direction.  Watch the two clips together.  It's unmistakable.  AM is already down before #53 starts moving in his direction.  So, #53 did not have like a huge "head of steam" built up and just couldn't get his momentum stopped before colliding.  He didn't START toward AM until AM's knee was already down.  And he's 3 yards away.

No.  This was a deliberate attempt to injure a defenseless player.  By both of the CU players.  There's going to be some payback next year. Montez might want to consider turning pro after this season.

Yeah that is how I saw it at the time.. That is the kid that kept making a big deal about because he was born somewhere in Africa.

Update on the 12th game:

Frost wants it played on the bye week. Says team has a good chance to play for the Big Ten Championship (Dec 1st).

Thanks to the storm UCF will be looking for a 12th game as well. They happen to have the same bye week as us. Doesnt look like it will happen though as Frost says, he would cringe a little everytime one of our players went to sack the QB (McKenzie Milton) and that thats not a good state of mind to have when youre trying to win a football game.

I have a slightly different interpretation of the 12th game placement.   The staff, rightfully so, needs the players to believe in themselves and that they, in fact, have a chance to be in the championship game.  By placing the game in December, you would be telling the team we cannot be in the championship.   It only makes sense to schedule the game during our October off week.