2022 PG Deombre Brodie

I'm not sure why I got a down arrow for the previous post unless the kid's father is on the board. I was trying to say that this is ridiculous to be happening at this age. Lebron's kid has had highlight videos posted forever and he's the same age. The difference might be that the James kid comes from good genes and has a pretty good chance of becoming a D1 basketball player but I still think its too early. It doesn't appear to be the case for this one, but the majority of "stars" at this age are simply the kids that started puberty already. Everything is too overdone and a lot of this nonsense comes down to parents' egos. And I'm sure seeing a highlight real of yourself at 13 will build their ego but that was my point, that if these where the highlights of him at his best I've seen a lot of 13-year-olds that are better.  Then what happens to this kid's ego and sense of self-esteem when he doesn't become the star of even his high school team? He is depicted as working hard so maybe he will make it, but having a 13-year-old myself I'm not convinced the workouts being filmed are his idea. I wish the best for everyone making their dreams come true. I do know that the sooner a child becomes a one sport athlete, the higher percentage chance that child drops out of sports altogether. Being a one sport athlete also greatly increase the odds of developing a repetitive activity injury.  My bottom line is we ask too much, too soon and it is not good for the kid's mental, emotional or even physical development. 

3 hours ago, Dean Smith said:

I'm not sure why I got a down arrow for the previous post unless the kid's father is on the board. I was trying to say that this is ridiculous to be happening at this age. Lebron's kid has had highlight videos posted forever and he's the same age. The difference might be that the James kid comes from good genes and has a pretty good chance of becoming a D1 basketball player but I still think its too early. It doesn't appear to be the case for this one, but the majority of "stars" at this age are simply the kids that started puberty already. Everything is too overdone and a lot of this nonsense comes down to parents' egos. And I'm sure seeing a highlight real of yourself at 13 will build their ego but that was my point, that if these where the highlights of him at his best I've seen a lot of 13-year-olds that are better.  Then what happens to this kid's ego and sense of self-esteem when he doesn't become the star of even his high school team? He is depicted as working hard so maybe he will make it, but having a 13-year-old myself I'm not convinced the workouts being filmed are his idea. I wish the best for everyone making their dreams come true. I do know that the sooner a child becomes a one sport athlete, the higher percentage chance that child drops out of sports altogether. Being a one sport athlete also greatly increase the odds of developing a repetitive activity injury.  My bottom line is we ask too much, too soon and it is not good for the kid's mental, emotional or even physical development. 

That's just Birds on the Bat.  Doesn't contribute much but is quick to fire up down arrows.  Kind of a cranky old putz.   Does it a lot on the women's board.  So don't over analyze it.   Just his deal.  

Go Cubs!  ? ?

7 hours ago, Dean Smith said:

Maybe it can be explained in the same manner that down votes can result from improper semicolon usage or (heaven forbid) the dreaded ellipsis.

In this case, perhaps there is a perceived problem with hetrographs; when you used real for reel. ? (Most likely from talking to your computer. So, perhaps it is really a computer issue.)

In any event, I agree with you and more than fixed it for you.

13 hours ago, trickey said:

Maybe it can be explained in the same manner that down votes can result from improper semicolon usage or (heaven forbid) the dreaded ellipsis.

In this case, perhaps there is a perceived problem with hetrographs; when you used real for reel. ? (Most likely from talking to your computer. So, perhaps it is really a computer issue.)

In any event, I agree with you and more than fixed it for you.

I don't down row for improper semicolons, but I have given up arrows when they're used correctly. 

3 hours ago, Chuck Taylor said:

I was going to say that I don't understand the sensitivity over down arrows, but I don't want to get a down arrow.

If someone wants to give me a down arrow knock yourself out. It’s usually when I get one I can tell ir they tell me what I said the bothered them. In this case I read my post over again and had no idea what was in there that someone could find to disagree with. I can be disagreeable. Tell me what you disagree with and we can go from there. Ambiguity I struggle with.