New assistant - Armon Gates

reddan

5 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Problem with senior transfers is that we're already top-loaded.  I'd rather have some unknown phenom from Lithuania fall into our laps as an immediately eligible freshman who plays two years for us before being the overall #5 pick in the 2020 NBA draft.

OK, a fella can dream, right?

Perhaps it will not be Lithuania.

3 hours ago, ShortDust said:

Go on about this....

Ehh, I am just a bit uneasy about whether or not the rumor I heard has any legs.  What I heard as that we were on the list for two bigs.  One of those bigs chose Virginia.  I would believe that if there is any truth to that rumor we would be hearing more substantive information in the approaching weeks.

Northwestern finds their guy to replace Armon Gates. It's Emanuel Didly, formerly at Valpo this past season.

"Dildy replaces Armon Gates who recently was hired as an assistant coach at Nebraska.

A Chicago native, Dildy joins Northwestern after spending the 2017-18 season as an assistant coach at Valparaiso. During his lone season with the Crusaders, Dildy was key in the player development of Tavon Walker and Bakari Evelyn, helping them earn Missouri Valley Conference All-Defensive Team and All-Newcomer Team honors, respectively..."