2019 PG Shareef Mitchell

reddan

1 hour ago, uneblinstu said:

He's super talented, but he's little. He'd need a year to bulk up. I've been pro Mitchell for a while, I think it'd be a good move, but he's probably not an impact player from day one. I'd still circle back on Wingett. I've been on that train for a couple years now.

I’d circle back on Aguek Arop before Wingett. Kid really improved himself this year.  Put on some very good weight.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CoachRobJohnson/status/932005820904062976

46 minutes ago, NebrasketballJake said:

We have the market cornered on hardly 6 foot tall guards. Would not think too much about us pursuing Shereef. Last I heard CU was looking for a prep school to place him at, similar to what they did with Khyri Thomas

If they can play, they can play.   You don't need 6'5" point guards to be good in college.   Stay away from the 5'7" guys...but 6' is plenty tall enough for a point guard in college.

If Creighton wants him...we should too.

Mitchell ended up being ranked the best play in the state if that’s worth anything. If we miss out on Amir Harris I don’t think taking a chance on him would be a terrible idea, he would need to redshirt tho. 

If push came to shove and we could just land Mitchell Chang and wingett(grades seem to be an issue) on top of Davis and Heiman I’d actually be pretty excited about the class. None would be high level contributors their first year but I’m not sure we really need that 

From what I saw on twitter from Jason Derousseau he is going to end up at Creighton if Creighton wants him.  He's former Husker Alvin Mitchell's kid btw.

I'll add this to the FAQ section in 4 years when he's killing us and the internet is complaining that we didn't recruit the kid.

• hhcmatt changed the title to Shareef Mitchell
13 hours ago, NebrasketballJake said:

Last I heard CU was looking for a prep school to place him at

Prep school is a joke to unless your grades aren’t good enough. We or any school in our situation would be way better off taking the prospects and just making them redshirt because they will get more outta it.

his height at 6 foot to 6 foot 1 inch is no big deal either if he can play ball 

Believe CU is pushing the prep school angle and then see where he is and he does like CU a lot. If we are looking for a true PG which we should be he would be a nice fall back option. If he gets a little stronger I think he can play. If NU were to offer for this fall I think we could get him as I am not sure he wants to go Prep school but does want to try higher D1 ball and all his currently offers are mid majors (including a final four squad)

2 hours ago, Art Vandalay said:

Believe CU is pushing the prep school angle and then see where he is and he does like CU a lot. If we are looking for a true PG which we should be he would be a nice fall back option. If he gets a little stronger I think he can play. If NU were to offer for this fall I think we could get him as I am not sure he wants to go Prep school but does want to try higher D1 ball and all his currently offers are mid majors (including a final four squad)

I’d roll the dice on Mitchell if Xavier and the new kid ultimately say no thanks

Edited by Jugular

2 hours ago, uneblinstu said:

You've got 3 open scholarships. Need a post player, too, but you can take a guy like Mitchell with that other one without any reservation, IMO.

Technically 4 if you count borchardts scholarship. Maybe only 2 if Copeland comes back and you don’t wanna pull borchardts. Either way it would be nice to get immediate post play help along w possibly a future post player, a point gaurd for the future, and then take a gamble on Chang or wingett or someone else that has blow up potential IMO 

• hhcmatt changed the title to 2018 PG Shareef Mitchell
  • 2 months later...