2018 PG Amir Harris - LOI

hhcmatt

11 hours ago, TimSmiles said:

he's visiting the auburn tiger$ this weekend. they return most of their team from a 26 win season and have a need for a backup PG. 

this is bad news to say the least.

We return most our team from a 22 win season and need a back PG as well.  So not sure it's bad news other than he wants to use up his visits to see other schools before he decides.  I'd rather have him do that that and make sure NU is the place he wants to be instead of making a snap decision and then transferring after 1 season.

I like our chances (no inside information).  Here's why:

Nebrasketball lost two senior guards, who played lots of minutes and were relied upon for athletic defense.  Auburn lost only one senior guard whose minutes were limited.

Nebrasketball had an athletic guard recruited to fill the minutes void immediately--but he is going elsewhere.  This spot is available, and Auburn has nothing comparable.

Amir Harris is a long, athletic guard who specializes in driving, dishing and defense.  Nebrasketball needs a long, athletic guard who can drive, dish and play defense -- a lot like Tai Webster, whose shot improved over time.  He's a perfect fit here--and he would be merely a decent fit at Auburn.  

5 minutes ago, Swan88 said:

I like our chances (no inside information).  Here's why:

Nebrasketball lost two senior guards, who played lots of minutes and were relied upon for athletic defense.  Auburn lost only one senior guard whose minutes were limited.

Nebrasketball had an athletic guard recruited to fill the minutes void immediately--but he is going elsewhere.  This spot is available, and Auburn has nothing comparable.

Amir Harris is a long, athletic guard who specializes in driving, dishing and defense.  Nebrasketball needs a long, athletic guard who can drive, dish and play defense -- a lot like Tai Webster, whose shot improved over time.  He's a perfect fit here--and he would be merely a decent fit at Auburn.  

You missed that Auburn's backup PG transferred so those minutes are available. Otherwise I'd agree with you especially because of the B1G's movement into Maryland.

10 hours ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Robin Washut

2018 point guard Amir Harris (@Harris5Amir) liked everything about his recent #Nebrasketball official visit.

Now he’s only a few days away from making his college decision...

(Story on rivals.com)

My favorite part about that story was how impressed he was with Miles being involved with the recruiting which certainly had a lot to do with us being down an assistant 

48 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

My favorite part about that story was how impressed he was with Miles being involved with the recruiting which certainly had a lot to do with us being down an assistant 

I'm no expert but from what I do know the assistants everywhere are the primary recruiters. When everyone was dogging on Miles for not having a stronger relationship with X, that's common most everywhere.