2018 PG Amir Harris - LOI

hhcmatt

Finally got around to watching some tape on this kid.  Boy o boy is he a willing defender and he seems really long for a PG.  seems like he might be the second or third best athlete on the team if we were able to grab him.  I saw some AAU tape and his three point shot didn’t look terrible in that. 

We are currently his biggest offer it looks like but w his recent rise in the rivals rankings I’m sure that will change.  Would be quite the coup for miles to replace Xavier for what is considered a better prospect in Amir 

On 4/18/2018 at 7:05 PM, hal9000 said:

I happen to know that Jesus Christ is a Nebrasketball fan, Amir.  Just thought I'd mention that.  :) 

Well that would certainly align with Christ's teachings of the beatitudes.  Blessed are the poor in spirit...the first shall be last and the last first...sounds like a description of Nebrasketball fans for sure.

10 minutes ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Would be a huge get and we should be in pretty good position to get him.

This would really help offset the notion that miles can’t recruit either. Lose your top recruit then fill his spot w a higher ranked player. My hopes are high 

This.  I've seen enough from Miles to not question his recruiting ability.  He's worked miracles here in that department.  

Good player that appears to have length, decent handles, a decent perimeter game and a pretty high basketball IQ.  Furthermore it appears he has tremendous room for growth. Comparisons are always tough, but he seems to fit the isaiah Roby mold.

6 hours ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

This would really help offset the notion that miles can’t recruit either. Lose your top recruit then fill his spot w a higher ranked player. My hopes are high 

I don't think there is any notion that Miles can't recruit.  Only knock against him for awhile was he couldn't recruit a big man.  This would be a nice bonus if we can land this kid.

9 hours ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Who in the world has said Miles can't recruit?!?  I don't think I've ever heard/read anyone say/write that.  He's been criticized for his in-game play calling, unimaginative offense, high roster turnover, and probably a host of of other things that don't come as quickly to mind.  But recruiting is his bread and butter, and even staunch Miles haters admit to that.

34 minutes ago, aphilso1 said:

Who in the world has said Miles can't recruit?!?  I don't think I've ever heard/read anyone say/write that.  He's been criticized for his in-game play calling, unimaginative offense, high roster turnover, and probably a host of of other things that don't come as quickly to mind.  But recruiting is his bread and butter, and even staunch Miles haters admit to that.

People did hint around at that when Kenya left.  I don't think anyone came right out and said it, but that was the vibe some put off when we lost Hunter and then Xavier.

5 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

People did hint around at that when Kenya left.  I don't think anyone came right out and said it, but that was the vibe some put off when we lost Hunter and then Xavier.

Fair enough.  I didn't catch that same vibe; I interpreted the criticism as "without Kenya, Miles will have even worse roster turnover" rather than "without Kenya, Miles won't be able to land talented players."  He can sign good recruits.  It's keeping them that's the problem.

32 minutes ago, aphilso1 said:

Fair enough.  I didn't catch that same vibe; I interpreted the criticism as "without Kenya, Miles will have even worse roster turnover" rather than "without Kenya, Miles won't be able to land talented players."  He can sign good recruits.  It's keeping them that's the problem.

Yeah, I think it was the fact that it was kind of let out that Miles didn't have a relationship with Xavier.  I got the vibe that "recruiting was going to go downhill" without Kenya.  I think that was mostly stemming from the fact that Xavier left and then it was made out that Miles didn't have a great relationship with him or something to that effect.

On 4/26/2018 at 8:56 PM, aphilso1 said:

Yeah, the math is definitely questionable.  If a kid can take 5 official visits then that means getting him on campus can be no more than 20% of the battle.  That leaves room for 50% knowing and 30% who knows what.

They say 65 percent of all statistics
Are made up right there on the spot

82.4 percent of people believe 'em
Whether they're accurate statistics or not
I don't know what you believe
But I do know there's no doubt
I need another double-shot of something 90 proof
I got too much to think about

1 hour ago, colhusker said:

They say 65 percent of all statistics
Are made up right there on the spot

82.4 percent of people believe 'em