Is Bill Moos going to give me a year off my donations?

2 minutes ago, dustystehl said:

Stop blaming the AD. He inherited a tough situation and he's not going to fire Miles just to hire another Miles.

Got to have a plan.  Period.  As an AD, you need to have a plan and go with it.  Either fire Miles or extend him.  He is not doing the basketball program any favors with waiting and waiting and waiting.

4 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

I guess, if the plan was to wait and wait and wait, then yes... he has a plan.  Our season has been over for over month.

I get what you're saying, but man, what a tough spot to be in. Personally, I don't think Moos views Miles as the guy to run this program long-term. But you can't really justify firing a coach who just won 22 games unless you replace him with a coach who REALLY gets the juices flowing. It's just tough, man.

2 minutes ago, dustystehl said:

I get what you're saying, but man, what a tough spot to be in. Personally, I don't think Moos views Miles as the guy to run this program long-term. But you can't really justify firing a coach who just won 22 games unless you replace him with a coach who REALLY gets the juices flowing. It's just tough, man.

It is a very tough spot to be in.  Most of the blame has to fall on the previous AD as well.  But that is the job that Moos was hired to do.  Tough spot?  Yes.  Job you were hired to do?  Also yes.  The AD has to make tough decisions and then live with them.  I'm not saying Moos needs all of the blame here.  But it is frustrating as a fan to have so much cloud and uncertainty.  So if it's that frustrating for you and I... the average Joes, then how frustrating do you think it is for Miles?  The Players?  Recruits?  Assistants?  I have been a Miles supporter for many years.  I supported Doc until the very end, and will do the same with Miles.  I am with Moos on whatever direction he chooses to take with this.  Extend or Re-Build... the only thing worse than either of those two options though is remain clouded with uncertainty.  

1 hour ago, dustystehl said:

Stop blaming the AD. He inherited a tough situation and he's not going to fire Miles just to hire another Miles.

Then if he's not going to fire him he should have extended him and provided public support in timely fashion.  Had Eichorst extended him in either of the previous years, and provided any public support, Moos could have bought time.  But not under the existing circumstances 

4 hours ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Is all of the Bill Moss blame because we lost a recruit? We lost Xavier Johnson because Kenya Hunter left. We lost Kenya Hunter because he wants to become a head coach.

So, your thoughts on how we get a good assistant under the circumstances?   

3 hours ago, jimmykc said:

Bill's decision making process comes from observing the behavior of his cattle. Chew cud....chewing some more cud....chew cud....mmm cud is good...chew cud...let's mosey over by that shade tree and ruminate for awhile...about chewing some cud.

Jimmy, i'm pissed at life right now, but that's some hilarious shit right there; thanks. 

2 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Offer a good salary to come coach at a decent big 10 school? You think D1 asst coaches don’t know Miles has to produce next year regardless of what his freaking contract looks like?

Your point?  Man we have a lot of people living in a dream world on here.  Yeah, there are all kind of great coaches waiting in line to go someplace so they can be looking for a job again the next year 

2 minutes ago, HB said:

Your point?  Man we have a lot of people living in a dream world on here.  Yeah, there are all kind of great coaches waiting in line to go someplace so they can be looking for a job again the next year 

My point is Miles contract doesn’t effect our ability to hire a coach? I’m not saying we can hire whoever we want. It sounds like you agree with me, the asst coach will be tied to Miles wins and losses next year not his contract. 

38 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Someone tell me what recent events that have happened that fall on Moos? If your blaming Moos for X Johnson leaving, you’re flat wrong. 

Recent events, seriously?!  

March 14, season ended.  

March 27, Moos announces Miles will be back. He also said contract will be discussed/finalized after Final 4.  

April 2, Final 4 ended.  (11 days ago)

April 9, Hunter announced as UCONN assistant.

April 10, Xavier Johnson wavering from LOI.  

April 12, Miles & staff fly to meet with XJ & crew.  

April 13, XJ public knowledge of request, and granted, release from LOI.

April 14 (2.5 hours), no public release of Miles' contract extension.   

How in the H-E-DOUBLE-HOCKEY-STICKS do you (Moos) sit there with no public extension & allow your head coach to visit our prize recruit - who's wavering - without announcing the extension?!?  Not only that, we're losing ground in the transfer market. You don't, he screwed this up from the beginning! 

No surprise, he doesn't have Osborne, Davison, parents, an alma mater, etc doing all the dirty work like he did last fall in to the early part of winter. 

There's strong talk Moos turned down Miles when he requested a 3-year contract for Hunter.  But since that's not public info, or verified, who knows for certain. 

No worries, Moos is a farmer!!!  He's one of us.  Yippee. 

Edited by Shower Cap Husker

Read in the OWH today that Miles said he is still waiting to hear details from Moos on his extension. Wow, figured details were discussed and they were just sharpening pencils on a few things. Sounds like Miles is in the dark too. Just like sales guys when they know their comp plan is gonna change, but the company doesn’t roll it out until 1 day before the change date ?