NBA Playoffs

khoock

9 hours ago, colhusker said:

Not a fan of either, just trying to find out why one guy changing teams makes him a d-bag and the other not so.

JHC, I don't know how many more ways or times I ( or others on this board) have to say that KD took the EASIEST path by joining a proven championship team who had just won 73 games. That same team had just beaten KD, ending his season. While I hated that LeBron did the whole Miami thing, he didn't join a team that was knocking him out of the playoffs either.  LeBron didn't join a superteam, he helped create one.

40 minutes ago, jason2486 said:

JHC, I don't know how many more ways or times I ( or others on this board) have to say that KD took the EASIEST path by joining a proven championship team who had just won 73 games. That same team had just beaten KD, ending his season. While I hated that LeBron did the whole Miami thing, he didn't join a team that was knocking him out of the playoffs either.  LeBron didn't join a superteam, he helped create one.

Sounds like KD is the smart one.  Personally, I dislike that the business has come to superstars (all of them) jumping from team to team.  I know why they do it and I know it's about the money doesn't mean I have to like it.  

2 hours ago, colhusker said:

Sounds like KD is the smart one.  Personally, I dislike that the business has come to superstars (all of them) jumping from team to team.  I know why they do it and I know it's about the money doesn't mean I have to like it.  

He's smart in the sense that it was the fastest way to titles, financially he was going to get a max deal wherever he went. But I don't think it was a smart move for his legacy. Golden State had proven they were the best team in the NBA prior to his arrival. Kind of like how we don't think of Larry Coker as the best coach of all time, even though he coached one of the best teams of all time. 2001 Miami football was on a title path with or without Larry Coker - 2018 GSW were on a title path with or without KD.

7 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

He's smart in the sense that it was the fastest way to titles, financially he was going to get a max deal wherever he went. But I don't think it was a smart move for his legacy. Golden State had proven they were the best team in the NBA prior to his arrival. Kind of like how we don't think of Larry Coker as the best coach of all time, even though he coached one of the best teams of all time. 2001 Miami football was on a title path with or without Larry Coker - 2018 GSW were on a title path with or without KD.

KD has more rings for his move than Lebron has for his.  Smarter given that is why I have been told superstars job from team to team.

5 hours ago, jason2486 said:

LAME reason

On 6/9/2018 at 8:54 AM, atskooc said:

Free agency wasn't a thing those Celtics had to worry about. The only way to build a team was through trades and the draft. What else were they going to do?

True, but explain to me how they got the two best players from a San Francisco Don team that won 60 straight games and two national championships?  There were a lot of fans that thought there was some underhanded, no good stuff occurring.

But the point remains, it is easy to cast aspersions about what occurs and how it happened.  You can also blame players wo move about due to free agency or those that demand to be traded or refuse to sign; but that has been going on forever...it may be in different forms, but nonetheless less, it has been occurring. 

On 6/9/2018 at 9:52 AM, khoock said:

In my opinion, college hoops is 10x harder to watch and a much uglier game. Aside from Nebrasketball and March Madness, i watch zero. But can watch NBA all day. But to each his own.

I actually can't stand watching the NBA.  So much so that I don't even watch the finals.  I think the game they play is boring.  I also grew up in small town Nebraska where defense was more important than offense.  That's probably why I have loved the Huskers all these years.  ?

The college game is uglier, but it is better in my opinion.  I actually would watch most all professional sports, including soccer, over the NBA.

As you said... to each his own.  At least we all love Nebrasketball

50 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

I actually can't stand watching the NBA.  So much so that I don't even watch the finals.  I think the game they play is boring.  I also grew up in small town Nebraska where defense was more important than offense.  That's probably why I have loved the Huskers all these years.  ?

The college game is uglier, but it is better in my opinion.  I actually would watch most all professional sports, including soccer, over the NBA.

As you said... to each his own.  At least we all love Nebrasketball

I am not a fan of the NBA.  The game is more of a brawl and yet the game appears too easy.  I know the game is as popular as ever, especially on the East Coast, but if I were in charge of the NBA game, I would raise the basket, remove the lane and slightly increase the size of the ball.

5 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

If you go to an NBA game, sit down as near the court as possible. It's amazing how great these athletes are at a simple game.

Great point! I think one of the hardest things for people to realize is just how skilled these guys are, especially on offense. Great defense tends to lose to great offense, so I think what sometimes appears to be poor defense or a lack of effort is actually more about how good NBA guys are offensively. Not to mention, 82 games is a grind! 

20 hours ago, jason2486 said:

Do explain! 

If your basing your opinion that KD took the easiest path to a championship, that happens all the time in professional sports.  So do you think KD should have stayed in OKC in whole career out of loyalty and potentially never won one?  Isn't the goal of sports to win a championship and put yourself in the best position to accomplish that?

Golden State wasn't necessarily a "super team" before KD joined them.  He made it a superteam just like LeBron made Miami a superteam by joining with Bosh and Wade.  Whether you "joined" or "created" a superteam really doesn't matter.  You put yourself in the best position to win a championship.  KD made a great business decision to join Golden State.  Ask yourself what would you have done if you were him???  Stay in OKC and continue to be good and most likely never win a Championship let alone 2 finals MVP awards to put yourself in a position to accomplish things you dream about as a kid.

41 minutes ago, kldm64 said:

If your basing your opinion that KD took the easiest path to a championship, that happens all the time in professional sports.  So do you think KD should have stayed in OKC in whole career out of loyalty and potentially never won one?  Isn't the goal of sports to win a championship and put yourself in the best position to accomplish that?

Golden State wasn't necessarily a "super team" before KD joined them.  He made it a superteam just like LeBron made Miami a superteam by joining with Bosh and Wade.  Whether you "joined" or "created" a superteam really doesn't matter.  You put yourself in the best position to win a championship.  KD made a great business decision to join Golden State.  Ask yourself what would you have done if you were him???  Stay in OKC and continue to be good and most likely never win a Championship let alone 2 finals MVP awards to put yourself in a position to accomplish things you dream about as a kid.

He was in a position to to accomplish those things you speak of when OKC was up 3-1 against the Warriors lol

Should be an exciting off season. Aside from the Lebron Sweepstakes, it will be interesting to see what Boston does. I have read alot about the possibility of trading Kyrie. The C's organization seems to be pleased with the gaurd play they got from their young guns and are interested in swapping Kyrie for a star F or C (rumors).

Also, KD i believe can opt out and sign elsewhere. I doubt it will happen (very few teams will have the money to sign him) but its an interesting dynamic to think about. He seems to care a lot of what others think and now that he has a couple rings and finals MVP to ease his mind maybe he wants to go else where and prove something on a not so stacked team.

I always wanted to see him go home to Washington and team up with John Wall and Bradley Beal.

8 hours ago, khoock said:

Also, KD i believe can opt out and sign elsewhere. I doubt it will happen (very few teams will have the money to sign him) but its an interesting dynamic to think about. He seems to care a lot of what others think and now that he has a couple rings and finals MVP to ease his mind maybe he wants to go else where and prove something on a not so stacked team.

I always wanted to see him go home to Washington and team up with John Wall and Bradley Beal.

KD has publicly stated he's re-signing with Golden State.

I want to know who will be GM of the Sixers, they need to capitalize on their young stars by adding legit superstar(s) to the roster to make a serious run at the eastern title.

Edited by AuroranHusker

2 hours ago, kldm64 said:

Golden State wasn't necessarily a "super team" before KD joined them. 

Best record in the history of the NBA, 3 NBA all stars in their primes. One of which who is a top 3 defensive player in the league, the other two will be hall of famers. They were a super team prior to KDs arrival. They were just built differently than Lebrons super  teams.

2 hours ago, khoock said:

He was in a position to to accomplish those things you speak of when OKC was up 3-1 against the Warriors lol

Except he clearly didn't like (playing with) Russ, which played heavily in his decision.

He knew staying in OKC was going to be harder personally and professionally, so he left.

Who wouldn't do the same in his position, professionally?

12 minutes ago, atskooc said:

Except he clearly didn't like (playing with) Russ, which played heavily in his decision.

He knew staying in OKC was going to be harder personally and professionally, so he left.

Who wouldn't do the same in his position, professionally?

Lets just both agree to let this topic die.