NBA Playoffs

khoock

1 minute ago, khoock said:

But yall hate Andrew White for leaving Nebraska and going to Syracuse to play for a better team/program. ??

I can totally understand Thunder fans not liking KD. They've got more stock in the issue.

But jason was saying he hated KD simply because he didn't stay in OKC and put the work in, for taking the easy way.

jason is basically a Missouri fan hating Andrew White.

16 minutes ago, atskooc said:

I can totally understand Thunder fans not liking KD. They've got more stock in the issue.

But jason was saying he hated KD simply because he didn't stay in OKC and put the work in, for taking the easy way.

For me, the issue isnt that KD left but who he joined. He joined the team that put together the best regular season in NBA history. Not only that, but the team that he and his own team blew a 3-1 lead against. And in that blown series, KD absolutely crumbled under the pressure. 

From a competitive stand point that just tells you so much about him in my opinion. That is why I dont like him.

Me, I don't blame guys for moving from one team to another....but I will say I don't understand it.

I would want to keep playing with the same group of guys and figure out how to win...much like recruiting, I don't understand what motivates kids to choose programs they choose.....

If I was a top 100 basketball player, would I want to to go to a blue blood or go to the school I followed since I was a kid...I know what I would choose, but again, I think each person has their own motivations ad all the more power to them.

3 minutes ago, khoock said:

For me, the issue isnt that KD left but who he joined. He joined the team that put together the best regular season in NBA history. Not only that, but the team that he and his own team blew a 3-1 lead against. And in that blown series, KD absolutely crumbled under the pressure. 

From a competitive stand point that just tells you so much about him in my opinion. That is why I dont like him.

Do you not like anybody who changes jobs and goes to a more successful company?

Or is it just athletes?

Do you hate Coach Frost for leaving a successful job to go to a place that provides the opportunity for bigger success? Do you hate Craig Smith for going to South Dakota an improving his coaching standing/experience for a chance at a better job down the road? Do you hate Tosh Lupoi, who left his coaching position at Washington to work for Nick Saban at Alabama? Do you hate Chris Carrawell, who left his assistant coaching gig at Marquette to join Coach K's staff at Duke, which would ensure greater success on his part?

2 minutes ago, Blindcheck said:

Me, I don't blame guys for moving from one team to another....but I will say I don't understand it.

I would want to keep playing with the same group of guys and figure out how to win...much like recruiting, I don't understand what motivates kids to choose programs they choose.....

If I was a top 100 basketball player, would I want to to go to a blue blood or go to the school I followed since I was a kid...I know what I would choose, but again, I think each person has their own motivations ad all the more power to them.

Have you never changed jobs?

2 minutes ago, atskooc said:

Yes I have...it was a tough decision each time.

I just said I don't understand the motivations for why they picked where they picked...especially when it seems they just picked the best available team...to me I don't understand that thinking.

That is just not why I would pick the team I wanted to play for...just because they are already good.

37 minutes ago, atskooc said:

Or is it just athletes?

Do you hate Coach Frost for leaving a successful job to go to a place that provides the opportunity for bigger success? Do you hate Craig Smith for going to South Dakota an improving his coaching standing/experience for a chance at a better job down the road? Do you hate Tosh Lupoi, who left his coaching position at Washington to work for Nick Saban at Alabama? Do you hate Chris Carrawell, who left his assistant coaching gig at Marquette to join Coach K's staff at Duke, which would ensure greater success on his part?

Nope. 

I dislike the second best basketball player in the world for joining the best NBA team to ever play the game (record wise), when he was up 3-1 against that same team but pissed it down his leg just a few months prior.

That is all.

50 minutes ago, atskooc said:

Or is it just athletes?

Is this the same though? What I disliked about it is he went from a very good team, his team, where he was alpha - to one of the best teams of all time, Stephs team. So a better comparison to me would be Frost leaving UCF to be associate head coach at Bama just to collect some hardware. And yes I’m bitter, I love the Finals, but when one of the GOATs goes for 50-10-10 and his team still loses - it just goes to show how big the talent gap is between the warriors and the rest of the league. 

47 minutes ago, atskooc said:

I think your point is a fair one.  I don't dislike Kevin Durant personally (I don't know any athlete well enough to make that claim either way), but when one changes jobs, there are monetary and opportunity costs.  KD's move meant 1.) less money 2.) less respect and 3.) more rings.  He personally found 3 more important than 1 and 2 combined, and that's totally his prerogative.  It was a gamble that really only resulted in a lateral move for his legacy, no matter how many rings he gets with that squad.  He never did enough in the playoffs with OKC to garner Lebron-level respect.   

What's interesting now is that, by going back to Cleveland and beating what was statistically the greatest team ever at the time completely vaulted Lebron into GOAT conversations--something Durant basically gave up by joining the team that beat him/was already on the verge of a dynasty.  However, now that Lebron has vaulted himself into legit GOAT talk, he has also shown on the court that he has done everything a human could possibly do in Cleveland's awful organization.  To get to the point that most fans would point to him as the GOAT, he needs to finish with at least three more rings.  The best thing that could've possibly happened to Lebron this season was for the Rockets to lose to GS in 7.  Joining them isn't joining the bad guys, but actually joining the underdog in the west in attempt to slay the Warriors, and I think KD and co's dynasty is about to be over quickly.  The Rockets would be Lebron's best team ever--certainly offensively--and they have the blueprint to beat GS every year with him on the roster.  This is only going to separate Bron from KD even more.  Everyone knows if Lebron gets a supporting cast that equals anything close GSW it's over with.  

Let me clarify, i do not like KD as a competitor/athlete. 

Big fan of his MVP speech (youtube it if you havent seen it) from a few years back. And i know he did alot of charitable stuff back in OKC, especially during that disastrous tornado.

Im sure he is a fine human being, but as an NBA fan and consumer I do not like KD the basketball player. That is all my dislike applies to.

3 hours ago, atskooc said:

Getting mad at KD because he bettered his work situation is just the same as if I got mad at a teacher in my building who got a job as a principal at a nearby school. 

It's a business, and KD made a business situation.

If you think KD should have stayed with the Thunder and just put the work in to win, then you should think that you should never go to a different job at a better company; you should just stay at your current job and work hard to make it better than the other place.

Sorry, but that education scenario is totally different than what KD did.  He joined a 73-win team after his own team choked up 3-1.  He basically took any pressure off of himself knowing that he has 4 or 5 others who can make up for him when he has an abysmal game.

Edited by jason2486

3 hours ago, atskooc said:

Just like your education example, this comparison doesn't make sense either. If I was a Missouri fan, AW3 leaving Nebraska and going to Syracuse wouldn't affect me in any way. As a LeBron fan, this directly affects me because it might be the difference between the Cavs being 3-1 instead of (most likely) 1-3 against the Warriors in the Finals.

13 hours ago, jason2486 said:

Just like your education example, this comparison doesn't make sense either. If I was a Missouri fan, AW3 leaving Nebraska and going to Syracuse wouldn't affect me in any way. As a LeBron fan, this directly affects me because it might be the difference between the Cavs being 3-1 instead of (most likely) 1-3 against the Warriors in the Finals.

Nothing in your original "I hate KD" post said you were a LeBron fan, so I had no reason to suspect that played a part. 

On 6/7/2018 at 6:01 PM, jason2486 said:

Sorry, but that education scenario is totally different than what KD did.  He joined a 73-win team after his own team choked up 3-1.  He basically took any pressure off of himself knowing that he has 4 or 5 others who can make up for him when he has an abysmal game.

KD’s a coward in my humble opinion.

On 6/7/2018 at 6:01 PM, jason2486 said:

You will think that if your guy Lebron changes (the second time he will have bailed on his team) teams again instead of staying and making Cleveland better he is the same unless he goes to a team that is not loaded which we all know he will not do.  As Royalfan stated, blame the way the NBA allows teams to set up their payroll which allows for teams to load up.

Edited by colhusker

What I'm most interested in at this point is seeing how much Golden State changes once they move to San Francisco. To me it's a shame. They're already starting to price out their core fanbase in Oakland and it's becoming more and more about the rich money in Silicon Valley that is spilling into the team and the venue. Should be interesting to see how things shake up.

1 hour ago, colhusker said:

You will think that if your guy Lebron changes (the second time he will have bailed on his team) teams again instead of staying and making Cleveland better he is the same unless he goes to a team that is not loaded which we all know he will not do.  As Royalfan stated, blame the way the NBA allows teams to set up their payroll which allows for teams to load up.

LeBron has led 9 teams to the Finals (CLE 5 times), won 3. How often did KD do that before joining GSW. LeBron never went to a team that just set a league record for wins. I actually hated it when he went to Miami, and although I still liked him as an individual, I rooted against the Heat his 4 years there. However, I can't totally blame him if he leaves again. I hope he stays, but when you have a guy on your team who doesn't even know the score at the end of the game, that's gotta be frustrating.  If he plays bad or average, they typically don't win.

7 hours ago, jason2486 said:

LeBron has led 9 teams to the Finals (CLE 5 times), won 3. How often did KD do that before joining GSW. LeBron never went to a team that just set a league record for wins. I actually hated it when he went to Miami, and although I still liked him as an individual, I rooted against the Heat his 4 years there. However, I can't totally blame him if he leaves again. I hope he stays, but when you have a guy on your team who doesn't even know the score at the end of the game, that's gotta be frustrating.  If he plays bad or average, they typically don't win.

image.png