NBA Playoffs

khoock

Thats a GREAT final if Kyrie is healthy. Kyrie, Harden, and Paul all have their own fans. Boston has a big fanbase. I think Houstons fans are good (big city right?). Plus you would get the ppl who were bored of Lebron-Warriors and excited to see fresh teams.

Kyrie being out hurts bc it raises alot of questions on whether they can be competitive. But hey theyre proving everybody wrong so far.

Chalk it up to the team with the best basketball player in th world on it won.

Lue made so many head scratching decisions. I know most of you dont wanna hear it bc hes one of ours but this wasnt a good series for him. Not saying he isnt a good coach --> for example Toronto series he was pretty great.

you can't ask brad to abandon one of his main philosophies - shoot when open - during the last game of the season. at the same time, he can't make the ball go in the hoop. rozier and brown shot a combined 3-22 from 3pt range. that is why the celtics lost. 

Brad Stevens is a good coach, no doubt...but he allows some bad shooters to take questionable shots early in the shot clock.

Also, at key moments in the game last night, whatever he drew up, either it wasn't executed or it was designed to throw the ball right where the defense was set up.

I think Lue does  a good job with the best player in the world and a real average roster.

2 hours ago, bleujay said:

you can't ask brad to abandon one of his main philosophies - shoot when open - during the last game of the season. at the same time, he can't make the ball go in the hoop. rozier and brown shot a combined 3-22 from 3pt range. that is why the celtics lost. 

Cleveland didn’t shoot very much better. 

Edited by Dean Smith

3 hours ago, khoock said:

Chalk it up to the team with the best basketball player in th world on it won.

Lue made so many head scratching decisions. I know most of you dont wanna hear it bc hes one of ours but this wasnt a good series for him. Not saying he isnt a good coach --> for example Toronto series he was pretty great.

Listened to Get Up this morning and the comment was "...When is Lue going to be recognized for his coaching prowess, he definitely outcoached Stevens"  I thought Lue made some very good coaching moves. I think it is easy to look past his coaching when you are coaching the best player in today's basketball. 

3 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

That was one ugly Basketball game. I still think the Warriors walk away with the Trophy.

I love ugly basketball....it usually means defense, rebounding and physical play....heck that't the only kind of basketball I was ever able  to play....if it was pretty, finesse basketball, i was in trouble.

Edited by Blindcheck

I don’t usually point at the officials but now second half they finally called a foul as Hardin made the three but somehow waved it off and gave them a sideline out of bounds. Eric Gordon gets taken out by two Warriors on a layup and then they have a massive moving screen to get Curry an open three. That’s a 15  point swing on obviously horrible calls. 

10 hours ago, Dean Smith said:

Two possessions in row Harding should have gotten three free throws and got neither call. Play by play was saying how obvious it was. If he shoots his average that’s 5 points they didn’t get. We’ll how important that is by the end of the game. 

It is easy how people see the NBA as being officiated with Bias.

The inconsistency of calling fouls is just an example....the Harden non calls were huge and if you compare it to a couple shooting fouls that the Warriors got, you can see why those that watch the NBA question everything.

NBA officiating is really bad in my opinion...They ignore obvious violations and then will randomly call one that could be called at any time in the game.

I can't stand how they ignore obvious lane violations during Free throws...it makes the game look sloppy and poorly organized....and if they called it, it would clean up immediately.

One could argue that NBA basketball is becoming more physical than NFL football.  Kidding aside, it will only take one catestrphrofic injury to create the call for change.  For example,  when LJ had the breakaway layup and Morris grabbed him by both shoulders from behind, that could have resulted in significant injury.  That was not even called flagrant!

13 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

One could argue that NBA basketball is becoming more physical than NFL football.  Kidding aside, it will only take one catestrphrofic injury to create the call for change.  For example,  when LJ had the breakaway layup and Morris grabbed him by both shoulders from behind, that could have resulted in significant injury.  That was not even called flagrant!

I was shocked that they let that stay a common foul.