NBA Playoffs

khoock

Starting a thread for anyone who wants to discuss the NBA playoffs. Lots of interesting matchups and storylines (feel free to move this thread to its appropriate place).

EAST

(1) Raptors v. (8) Wizards

(4) Cavs v. (5) Pacers

(3) 76ers v. (6) Heat

(2) Celtics v. (7) Bucks

WEST

(1) Rockets v. (8) T-Wolves

(4) Thunder v. (5) Jazz

(3) Blazers v. (6) Pelicans

(2) Warriors v. (7) Spurs

- Sucks for the Raptors to have such a great season and still more than likely draw the Cavs in the conference semis

- Celtics are hurting. The teams on their side of the bracket are very happy.

- T-Wolves were a season away from tying the Clippers for longest playoff drought in NBA. They have a lot talent and Houston doesnt always perform the best in the post season.

- Spurs are always a tough matchup and the Warriors are without Curry and are in a bit of a funk. Maybe the Spurs can pull a huge upset in the first round.

Predictions

ECF: Cavs over 76ers in 6

WCF: Warriors over Rockets in 5

NBA: Warriors over Cavs in 7

20 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

How 'bout the Sixers earning the 3-seed by winning 16 straight to close out the regular season, best finish to a year ever!

I almost wanted to say that LeBron will be passing the torch in the East to the 76ers but i think they are a year away... plus LeBron could be a 76er by next year ???

Starting a thread for anyone who wants to discuss the NBA playoffs. Lots of interesting matchups and storylines (feel free to move this thread to its appropriate place).

EAST
(1) Raptors v. (8) Wizards
(4) Cavs v. (5) Pacers
(3) 76ers v. (6) Heat
(2) Celtics v. (7) Bucks

WEST
(1) Rockets v. (8) T-Wolves
(4) Thunder v. (5) Jazz
(3) Blazers v. (6) Pelicans
(2) Warriors v. (7) Spurs

- Sucks for the Raptors to have such a great season and still more than likely draw the Cavs in the conference semis
- Celtics are hurting. The teams on their side of the bracket are very happy.
- T-Wolves were a season away from tying the Clippers for longest playoff drought in NBA. They have a lot talent and Houston doesnt always perform the best in the post season.
- Spurs are always a tough matchup and the Warriors are without Curry and are in a bit of a funk. Maybe the Spurs can pull a huge upset in the first round.

Predictions
ECF: Cavs over 76ers in 6
WCF: Warriors over Rockets in 5
NBA: Warriors over Cavs in 7
Not exactly an easy draw for the Cavs. Prayers up for Ty Lue's health. . .

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

I'm a Bucks fan...If Milwaukee can get Malcom Brogdon back in the mix and get chemistry to gel, I think they have a chance in the east.

Milwaukee's coaching is suspect...but probably have as much talent as any team in the East. They lack a Center which causes issues at times.

Giannis (Face of Franchise, if he could shoot 38% from 3, he would be impossible to guard)

Jabari Parker (not starting in regular season as they have massaged his minutes coming back from ACL injury)

Eric Bledsoe (ok, but I prefer Brogdon on the floor)

Khris Middleton. (scorer, very important to team)

John Henson (can disappear at times)

Bench (in order of Importance IMO)

Brogdon (might be one of my favorites on roster and just coming back from injury)

Tony Snell (don't like his game, but can shoot)

Tyler Zeller (capable center, probably should get more minutes than Henson)

Shabazz Muhammed (has been a good pickup for offense off the bench)

Brandon jennings (playing well after arriving late in year from overseas and G League)

Matthew Delladova (scrappy, just coming back from injury)

Jason Terry (yes, he is still in the league)

Thon Maker (athlete, but still has long ways to go...plays probably a bit too much)

Marshall Plumlee (not playing much but looks as good as Henson at times, again that just tells you the center issues)

Sterling Brown (fits in with team and plays some solid minutes)

Dj wilson (getting nothing from him)

Xavier Munford (nothing from him)

1 minute ago, HuskerFever said:

Ask Kevin Bacon. There's gotta be at least ONE! (you'd think)

Bacon was one of Bernie Madoff's victims, as was Sandy Koufax.

Koufax played pro ball in Los Angeles, as did former Husker Stu Lantz.

Lantz was pro teammates with Pat Riley, president of the Miami Heat.

Heat are the 6th seed in the NBA East.

Four degrees of separation?

Better than mine: 1. Bacon was in the movie "Diner" which took place in Maryland which 2. was outbid by KU for the services of DeSouza which was the first stop for 3. A.W.White III who stopped at 4.NU before playing in 15 games for the Atlanta Hawks who , unfortunately, failed to make the playoffs.

I was pleased to see the Blazers wake up at the last possible minute and handle Utah easily to lock up the 3 seed. They'd been struggling down the stretch. Warriors are in a tough spot. No Steph in the first round and lots of other lingering injuries but they'll probably be fine with the Spurs still not having Kawhi. A very odd situation with him. If the T-Wolves had managed to get in the 7 spot I think they'd have a good chance of knocking the Warriors out in the first round. As it stands, I think they'll give the Rockets a tough series and Chris Paul is very injury prone this late in the season so who knows.

Yesterdays Games:

- Warriors cruise by Spurs even without Curry

- Raptors win a close one over the Wizards

- 76ers keep on winning. Blowout Heat in the second half. Joel Embiid will be back soon

- Pelicans blow big lead but hold on. Only road team to win so far

Wild OT finish in the Celtics-Bucks game. It'll be tough for the Celtics to win the series without Kyrie and Smart (who could be back for a game 7) nevermind Gordo who they lost in the first game of the season.

Jazz-Thunder looks to go 7. 

I think the Cavs are done. Getting blown out on their home floor in game 1 is big. LeBron might be able to flip a switch but he can't do it for the whole squad. Ty Lue needs some time off after the mess of this season.

T-Wolves should have beaten Houston tonight. They somehow had Derek Rose as their top usage player with their best two players, KAT and Butler, on the bottom of usage and it's not because of Houston's defense. They still had a chance to force OT after a laughable turnover by Chris Paul but the final play was poor constructed and I'm not sure the final shot taken by Butler was even a three.

Giannis does not get the calls that other superstars seem to get.  ON the final foul, had he had a Celtics across his chest and Not Bucks, that is a jump ball 100% of the time.

The NBA protects its Brand teams and potential ratings....Teams like indiana and Milwaukee have to win convincingly or they really get screwed in close games by calls seemingly always going to the Brand teams (Celtics, Lakers, or teams with the top stars like Golden St and Cleveland).  I am hoping the Giannis can become the star that Curry has become so Milwaukee can get the calls that Golden St or Cleveland gets...as they never got them before they got their stars.

• 2 weeks later...

First Round results

(1) Toronto over (8) Washington 4-2

(4) Cleveland over (5) Indiana 4-3

(3) Philadelphia over (6) Miami 4-1

(2) Boston over (7) Milwaukee 4-3

(1) Houston over (8) Minnesota 4-1

(5) Utah over (4) Oklahoma City 4-2

(6) New Orleans over (3) Portland 4-0

(2) Golden State over (7) San Antonio 4-1

- Bron and Co. got by into the next round by a sliver. Will spark a hot streak or will they be running on fumes against the Raptors?

- Celtics and 76ers meet in what looks like will be a common playoff series in years to come. Both have some of the best young stars from the East.

- Will anyone challenge the top 2 seeds in the West? 

On 4/29/2018 at 11:26 PM, khoock said:

First Round results

(1) Toronto over (8) Washington 4-2

(4) Cleveland over (5) Indiana 4-3

(3) Philadelphia over (6) Miami 4-1

(2) Boston over (7) Milwaukee 4-3

(1) Houston over (8) Minnesota 4-1

(5) Utah over (4) Oklahoma City 4-2

(6) New Orleans over (3) Portland 4-0

(2) Golden State over (7) San Antonio 4-1

- Bron and Co. got by into the next round by a sliver. Will spark a hot streak or will they be running on fumes against the Raptors?

- Celtics and 76ers meet in what looks like will be a common playoff series in years to come. Both have some of the best young stars from the East.

- Will anyone challenge the top 2 seeds in the West? 

Lebron is special....incredible