Next Assistant Coach

Huskerpapa

6 hours ago, MichHusker said:

Maybe not now, but down the road give Cookie Belcher a look? Has to have some good connections coaching for IMG

I’d love to see us bring Cookie in for the position that Ali held. They want to fill it again and Cookie would be great there

43 minutes ago, khoock said:

Miles said in a LJS interview that the phones have been busy and they arent short for people interested in the job.

Is that just talk, who knows.

It all depends on the quality of those applicants. I'd take only 5 interested callers who are stellar coaches over 100 interested callers who aren't going to fit the program.

Well, there is this:

Beckner spent one season at Nebraska before moving to Boise.

B.J. Rains @BJRains
BREAKING: Boise State associate head coach Phil Beckner is leaving the program, sources confirm to the Idaho Press-Tribune. Details: https://www.idahopress.com/blueturfsports/basketball/associate-head-coach-phil-beckner-leaving-boise-state-basketball-program/article_2667de13-9ac0-5e98-b063-d19a8a074b8b.html 

1 hour ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Well, there is this:

Beckner spent one season at Nebraska before moving to Boise.

B.J. Rains @BJRains
BREAKING: Boise State associate head coach Phil Beckner is leaving the program, sources confirm to the Idaho Press-Tribune. Details: https://www.idahopress.com/blueturfsports/basketball/associate-head-coach-phil-beckner-leaving-boise-state-basketball-program/article_2667de13-9ac0-5e98-b063-d19a8a074b8b.html 

I can't find reliable confirmation anywhere yet, but I saw from a couple people that he might be taking a role at the pro level.

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 6:14 PM, jimmykc said:

Cip, Any day one sees a fat guy with a flugelhorn in a gold lame' mumu should erase the harshest of down-arrows. It may be enough to make Hunter reconsider.

Yeah, what the hell was that guy doing?  Did Bruce Dickinson produce that video and tell them "I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more flugelhorn?"

Ok maybe this idea is crazy and I don’t even know if he’s interested. But tis the season for hot takes and half baked ideas.

I think Miles should offer Anton Gill a role as a Grad Assistant for next year. Anton probably isn’t going to have a career as a player in pro basketball. However he is a guy teammates love and I think that could transfer over as a coach and in the recruiting game. Not saying he would be the recruiting coordinator but I think he could be a key asset in this time.