Season ending Banquet

kansashusker

14 hours ago, Merlin said:

I wonder if that’s the case if they try and find a few more for next year or roll with 10. 

Is "preferred walk-on" an option for Women's basketball at this level?  My concern with numbers, has more to do with practice than game day. I'm excited for the 10 scholarship players we will have on the roster this coming season. 

Wil have to see if they move on, or not.

IF.....we get another experienced guard transfer then we may be OK next year.

Our newbie guards will have to get up to speed very quickly. While they all will contribute in a big way...they're still freshman. But the two guards look like they'll play early. Like what I've seen from Brown and Haiby

Even Kissenger. injury or not. ...a 5*,  needed some time....she should be a much more effective shooting guard next year...but she's not a point guard. To valuable elsewhere.

With the 3 guard graduations and Bria maybe moving on....we could have some difficulties early. Losing 4 guards will be tough to overcome at any school. 

There will have to be some big adjustments going into next year. Will have a big need at the 5 if Washington moves on too. That's assuming Rachel will play too.

Edited by redsteve

1 minute ago, redsteve said:

There will have to be some big adjustments going into next year. Will have a big need at the 5 if Washington moves on too. That's assuming Rachel will play too.

I wouldn't assume that........

18 minutes ago, HB said:

I wouldn't assume that........

unfortunately, i think you are correct on that one. i will guess we won't see any more out of RB than what we saw this past season-----and, possibly less. hate to say it, but, maybe she is one that is contemplating a big decision.

Edited by whoopdeedoo

4 hours ago, whoopdeedoo said:

unfortunately, i think you are correct on that one. i will guess we won't see any more out of RB than what we saw this past season-----and, possibly less. hate to say it, but, maybe she is one that is contemplating a big decision.

Retirement?

Edited by Bugeaters1

2 minutes ago, 12dozen said:

Wouldn't Bria and Darrien be 5th year players?  Any chance, they both graduate this semester?  I'd like to think they earned their degrees before leaving, if speculation is true.

FWIW, Bria would be a 4th year junior.   No clue on her graduation status but it would be surprising if she graduated in 3 years.  Only Woody does that!  :)

21 minutes ago, whoopdeedoo said:

i just always go back to what dlrk stated in one of his posts: paraphrasing, "not a matter of if, but, when". so, i wouldn't be completely shocked if she just can't go anymore. would be sad----but, it is what it is.

I honestly felt like when she played this last year she looked great and way better than Washington. Dlrk also made it sound like Rachel knew she could play more than she was, as if I remember at some point Dlrk was getting frustrated that she wasn't getting more playing time.