The Who

Clash

Thee Oh Sees

Joy Division

Johnny Cash

Hank Snow

Merle Haggard

LCD Soundsytem

God, you made me recall I left out David Bowie. I should be horse whipped!

Also, I forgot Frank Zappa. Both in my favorites.

While we are at it, Ludwig Van Beethoven,  Edvard Grieg and Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart all would have been fantastic rock musicians.

17 hours ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

It was a movie but they are also a post modern/punk band from Minneapolis in the 80s and 90s. Lead singer Paul Westerberg has made a number of solo albums after they broke up, if that helps at all.

Saw the Replacements at the Student Union back in '85 on the Tim tour, saw Nirvana at Duffy's for 6 bucks in '90. And yes Prince is the MAN!

Since I perceive us to be in somewhat of a lull period here and since this thread has totally run amok, I will extend it a bit further. Now anyone may list their own personal favorite concerts or performances which they have attended live. Here are mine: 1. Gordon Lightfoot 2. Michael Jackson 3. Stevie Wonder 4. Ike and Tina Turner 5. (Tie) Waylon Jennings and Willie Nelson.-Cip, I know you have been to a bunch, though I won't believe you if you list Bach.

Jimmy Buffett is always a great show.

"Weird Al" Yankovic is outstanding live (I've seen him three times, and a fourth will be at the end of the month).

Here Come the Mummies

Billy Joel/Elton John in the early 90's was great!

Rock: The Rolling Stones

The Who

The Kinks

Lynyrd Skynyrd(only with Ronny Van Zander)

The Moody Blues

Chicago (only with Terry Kath)

The Hollies

The Searchers

Country and Western

Bob Wills and His Texas Playboys ( Still the King)

Emmylou Harris

Merle Haggard

Buck Owens and the Buckaroos featuring the great Don Rich

Johnny Cash

Ray Price

The Killer, Jerry Lee Lewis

4 hours ago, jimmykc said:

Since I perceive us to be in somewhat of a lull period here and since this thread has totally run amok, I will extend it a bit further. Now anyone may list their own personal favorite concerts or performances which they have attended live. Here are mine: 1. Gordon Lightfoot 2. Michael Jackson 3. Stevie Wonder 4. Ike and Tina Turner 5. (Tie) Waylon Jennings and Willie Nelson.-Cip, I know you have been to a bunch, though I won't believe you if you list Bach.

My Top Five, in no particular order.  How can a parent love one child more than another....

Elton John.  Devaney Center 1980.  Opened the show with "Funeral For a Friend"

Three Dog Night.  Peony Park early 80's.  All 7 original band members.  Front row seats and beers were flowing.  Sat next to Clay Michaels. (See if anyone remembers that name...)

Jethro Tull.  Civic Aud  81ish.  Unfrickinreal.

Bob Seger.  PBA.  Couple years ago.  Saw him at Century Link a year or two before.  Much better the 2nd time.  He had health issues while in Omaha.

Simon and Garfunkel with a special appearance by the Everly Brothers.  Quest Center a year or so after it opened.  Awesome seats.  Awesome atmosphere.  Awesome music.

Honorable mention:  Tom Petty, The Grass Roots, Flo and Eddie (The Turtles), Billy Joel, Marshall Tucker Band, The Box Tops, Lou Christie, Spencer Davis Group (sans Stevie Winwood) still really good, Ringo and his all-star band,  Beach Boys at Rosenblatt with Jay Ferguson.

23 hours ago, cipsucks said:

What the Bach you thinking?.....

Hey man, composers were the original rock stars.  Have you seen the movie Amadeus?  Mozart's insane partying made Mic Jagger look like a Sunday school teacher by comparison.  That dude was a bad ass.