Just threw up in my mouth a little

Silverbacked1

I know it should be water under the bridge and I am the older adult but,  That just kind of topped off the year in college basketball for me. 

Just think in America any young girl can not work very hard at her job.  Help that company fall apart, leave to a new job and have the new job change some rules that are set in stone for everybody else.  And then that young girl gets to be in a company that works it way to the pinnacle of the field that it is in. 

Wow. I did throw up in y moutha little.

After see her post game Friday where she said that when she played UConn after that game she knew she hadn't worked hard enough in the off season.  Yet she came into her Jr. year also not in shape.  Sooo.

Oh well.  

I just threw up a lot.  Because I'm sick and tired of officials deciding games.  The MSU player got body slammed after the ND turnover with 4 seconds left.  Not a judgment call, and the ref swallowed his/her whistle and cost MSU a natty.  Yeah', they could have made the layup.   But u HAVE to make that call.   I suspect the ref thought there was less time on the clock and didn't want to make the call at half court.     And the announcers didn't have the guts to call out the injustice.  Just a pathetic disgrace once again by the stripes 

Edited by HB

I thought the MSU guard was mugged at half court.  Shepherd played well and made a key kick out pass for a three that kept ND in the game.  Was pulling for MSU but am glad UConn was sent home without a championship.  No tears for them as they will be back but so should the Irish.

12 hours ago, HB said:

I just threw up a lot.  Because I'm sick and tired of officials deciding games.  The MSU player got body slammed after the ND turnover with 4 seconds left.  Not a judgment call, and the ref swallowed his/her whistle and cost MSU a natty.  Yeah', they could have made the layup.   But u HAVE to make that call.   I suspect the ref thought there was less time on the clock and didn't want to make the call at half court.     And the announcers didn't have the guts to call out the injustice.  Just a pathetic disgrace once again by the stripes 

I totally agree. That foul should have been called. Officials blew it and so did the commentators. 

1 hour ago, panhandler said:

Nebraska women basketball has never advanced beyond the sweet 16 and Jessica Shepard with a little courage is now an NCAA Women Basketball champion

Nice first post.  Now go troll somewhere else 

On 4/1/2018 at 7:36 PM, Merlin said:

You have to admit she was a big factor for them tonight. 

Big? 

2 hours ago, panhandler said:

Nebraska women basketball has never advanced beyond the sweet 16 and Jessica Shepard with a little courage is now an NCAA Women Basketball champion

Couage? Please, she tore a program apart, whined, got fat and blamed others, bailed and got a special ruling she should not have.  Sounds like a silver fork to me.

14 minutes ago, huskerchode said:

She made a huge mistake by committing to the program at such a young age.  She didn't want to be here and it really showed, especially her final year at NU.  The program is better off without her - it's Romeo that we really missed.

It's amazing how mind over matter so frequently is a true statement.

If Nebraska helped ND get the waiver, I believe it was because Neb thought it would be best for both sides (Nebraska and JS) to part ways. Shepard did not seem happy or fully committed to playing her best ball at Nebraska. It looks like she may have found that at ND. From the Nebraska side, I don't think we would have saw the improvements we did this year if she were still on the team.  Team chemistry seemed much better this year. The existing players had to step up and take over more scoring and rebounding roles. We were also able to add transfer Kate Cain to the roster. If we had a starting center on the roster, I don't know if Kate chooses Nebraska.

1 hour ago, Husker34 said:

If Nebraska helped ND get the waiver, I believe it was because Neb thought it would be best for both sides (Nebraska and JS) to part ways. Shepard did not seem happy or fully committed to playing her best ball at Nebraska. It looks like she may have found that at ND. From the Nebraska side, I don't think we would have saw the improvements we did this year if she were still on the team.  Team chemistry seemed much better this year. The existing players had to step up and take over more scoring and rebounding roles. We were also able to add transfer Kate Cain to the roster. If we had a starting center on the roster, I don't know if Kate chooses Nebraska.

I agree.  I suspect it may have been a mutual parting between JS and NU and NU helped her out with the waiver.  Now ND owes us one!