Nebraska vs Arizona State Game Thread

Bugeaters1

:Signthanks:

What A Great Season!!!   From 7 wins Last Season to the NCAAs!   THANKS Ladies!!!  :Mfclap::Mfclap::Mfclap:

I really hate to see the Seniors that are Leaving,  We'll really miss them.  :wub:

But I'm really Excited by the incoming class and the Returning Players.  Next Season is going to be Great! :Cheer2::Cheer2::Cheer2:

I only wish that @Row6Seat10 was here to give us his thoughts on the Season!  :nod:

Edited by Red Don

Again,  I will say what a turnaround season for NU WBB!!  I don't want to lose sight of that.  However, for next season, we need to improve on our FT shooting (as has been pointed out), on boxing out and rebounding, and also the offensive execution needs to improve from what we saw late in the season* (it was really good in the middle of the conf. season).  I anticipate that frosh and sophs. in the program will improve from this season to next.  Add to that the infusion of talent, from which we will see who can contribute and how much, it will be interesting to follow what happens next season (and what transpires in the offseason).  GO BIG RED!!!!  :wub:

* I realize the level of competition has something to do with that, among other things.

Great great season!! 

Like everyone says....What a remarkable accomplishment in improvement ..... just a one season turnaround

The girls have to be proud of the results of their hard work. Pretty sure everyone here is proud of the way you as players,  wore the Big Red N, and represented the University and most of all how you the players, have shown what quality people you are...the whole roster.

As a fan, just want to thank them...made the cold winter much warmer and ...fun.

We'll have plenty of time to hash over next years team, and what it might be like.

So...later !

Edited by redsteve

There's a difference between a elite athlete and an elite basketball player.

Just because someone can run fast, jump high,throw far etc., doesn't mean they can shoot a basketball well, block-out for a rebound, make good passes, or use good judgement when doing these things. Simon and Havers may be excellent athletes, but their basketball skills are limited. On the other hand, Whitish, Theriot, Sample, Cady et al were/are good basketball players with somewhat limited athleticism.

In order to compete with Maryland and Ohio St in the B1G, we need girls that are both.

Tough way to end it all...  It was a great ride.  It seems like yesterday when it all started...

As they say at the end of an artillery fire mission...  Rounds complete, end of mission... Out.  

Or, as an aviator the ATC guys tell us... Frequency change approved, good day....  To all of you...  Good day, Sir.

16 hours ago, Fastbreaker said:

Creighton has no elite athletes but sliced and diced Iowa all game.  I am guessing an elite athlete like Connie Yori doing game planning helped

Isn’t that an Iowa team that NU beat twice while losing to Creighton?  I don’t see a great deal of athleticism on Iowa.  My point being, that athleticism tied with some basketball skill will win games over well coached teams lacking the same.  Obviously, there are some occasional exceptions.  

The stats for our 5 posts/forwards were in total 4 points, 8 rebounds and 9 fouls.  Not going to win many games against decent competition with that stat line.  When Maddie doesn't show up and we don't have the quality backup that we need it forces Jasmine to have to play the power forward which hurts for obvious reasons.

Next year that will change.  You need an active and consistent power forward to help keep pressure off of our posts.  I'm sure Kate has learned a lot this year and will take a step up next year also.

2 hours ago, HUD said:

The stats for our 5 posts/forwards were in total 4 points, 8 rebounds and 9 fouls.  Not going to win many games against decent competition with that stat line.  When Maddie doesn't show up and we don't have the quality backup that we need it forces Jasmine to have to play the power forward which hurts for obvious reasons.

Next year that will change.  You need an active and consistent power forward to help keep pressure off of our posts.  I'm sure Kate has learned a lot this year and will take a step up next year also.

Agree.  And I think Maddie would still serve better/more naturally as a 3 wing if we have the luxury to move her next year.  She's shown she has range, and as noted she is athletic.

2 hours ago, Cazzie22 said:

Isn’t that an Iowa team that NU beat twice while losing to Creighton?  I don’t see a great deal of athleticism on Iowa.  My point being, that athleticism tied with some basketball skill will win games over well coached teams lacking the same.  Obviously, there are some occasional exceptions.  

So l guess what's being said is that all the elite athletes are back east, down south and out west.  Here in the center we have to make do with slow ole white girls.

I got the sense, Kate might have been told not to leave her feet much.  Fouls seemed to be her Achilles heel. Really kept her from playing aggressively.  I remember her taking over a couple of games late, when fouls weren't a concern.  She could make a huge "leap" between now and her sophomore season.  

As is, well done ladies. Looks like I'll have to subscribe to BTN Plus again next season.  GBR

I got the sense, Kate might have been told not to leave her feet much.  Fouls seemed to be her Achilles heel. Really kept her from playing aggressively.  I remember her taking over a couple of games late, when fouls weren't a concern.  She could make a huge "leap" between now and her sophomore season.  

As is, well done ladies. Looks like I'll have to subscribe to BTN Plus again next season.  GBR

Betcha we get more games on BTN next year, though.

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, 12dozen said:

This year Kate's was a rookie. The stuff 12 talks about will improve.

Probably the ideal way for her to learn is going to happen over the summer, when she has some time to think about the last season. She must have seen and learned ton's. There's so much she will  have learned this summer, and how to put things in her game. Shooting, rebounding, free throws, blocking shots with out fouling so much, etc etc.

There's a point to learn ....of when to be aggressive, and not so much....and how to execute, with out getting her self in trouble. It will come with time....she's got a staff that's going to teach, and experienced parents that have played the college game. 

It's reasonable to expect Kate and Taylor to step up their game another  notch next year. As will the balance of this year team that comes back.

Edited by redsteve