Ominous Tweet Re: Roster Attrition

1 hour ago, Hooper said:

No one should expect Nana to be back next year. He's gone as far as I've heard.

Would've expected this to be announced by now if it were actually going to happen. Also wouldn't have probably seen him in that little offseason workouts montage that was tweeted out yesterday. 

3 minutes ago, NebrasketballJake said:

Would've expected this to be announced by now if it were actually going to happen. Also wouldn't have probably seen him in that little offseason workouts montage that was tweeted out yesterday. 

These situations are always fluid and subject to change, but as of a month ago, he was telling folks associated with the program that he was leaving. It's possible he's changed his mind.

1 hour ago, NebrasketballJake said:

Let's talk about that tweet they sent out yesterday.

It looks like everyone is there, working hard. They showed a ton of JPJ, Cope and Roby. I don't know it gave me hope that maybe just maybe all our doubts, doomsday fears, negative bs we've been feeling the past few weeks isn't as bad as we thought. Maybe, these young guns like playing together and are bought in. Maybe they are ready to take the next step, because they came so close last. Yes, we need a new recruiting coordinator/assistant coach that can bring in talent. The X-Man decommitment sucks. But I remain hopeful until it all blows up in my face that we could have another good year next year.  Edited by rwhiston

4 hours ago, khoock said:

With the Xavier Johnson out now it absolutely makes no sense for either Nana or Thor to leave, unless Miles wants them too. 50 minutes of playing time are is up for grabs and as of now its just Tom, Nana, and Thor competing for them.

Sorry, and Karrington Davis

true.

It never made much sense in the first place for nana to leave. He got his wish of not redshirting(which was a dumb wish), there’s plenty of minutes available this year, and we were winners his first year on campus, it's a lot  harder to leave when things are going good than when they are going bad( see morrow, Jacobson, Benedict Arnold )

1 hour ago, khoock said:

Idk where to put this but, Roby is listed as an early second round pick in a 2019 mock draft.

You could put it in any one of these and it would be good I'd imagine: http://huskerhoopscentral.com/search/?q=roby&type=forums_topic&nodes=4&sortby=newest&search_in=titles

Or maybe one of these threads would work:  http://huskerhoopscentral.com/search/?&q=huskers in the pros&type=forums_topic&nodes=4&search_in=titles&sortby=newest

Anywho...got a link?  (oh, and thanks)

Edited by 49r

I dunno. Most of those guys transferred to mid-major or low-major programs more suited to their level of play. 

Hammond, for example, is a nice DII center who averaged 8 and 6 this season. Big Ten was too big a stage. 

I'm intrigued to see Morrow and Jacobson next season for Marquette and Iowa State tho. 

Jeriah as well

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/mens-basketball/nebraska-s-nba-draft-hopefuls-receive-second-round-feedback-from/article_3fe6c701-93ba-5703-a1a4-91725fad1bbd.html

Most important part: 

Miles said he has spoken openly with Palmer and Copeland about their NBA chances.

“Both of them feel if they have a legitimate shot to get drafted in a spot where they look like they’re part of a franchise’s plan," Miles said, “it might be worthwhile to stay (in the draft).

“If not, they’ve indicated to me they want to come back and make Nebraska a winner."

6 minutes ago, Shawn Eichorst's Toupee said:

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/mens-basketball/nebraska-s-nba-draft-hopefuls-receive-second-round-feedback-from/article_3fe6c701-93ba-5703-a1a4-91725fad1bbd.html

Most important part: 

Miles said he has spoken openly with Palmer and Copeland about their NBA chances.

“Both of them feel if they have a legitimate shot to get drafted in a spot where they look like they’re part of a franchise’s plan," Miles said, “it might be worthwhile to stay (in the draft).

“If not, they’ve indicated to me they want to come back and make Nebraska a winner."

Yikes, all it takes is one team telling them they would take a shot at them in round 2? Most teams have only 2-3 picks, so if you are drafted, you are in their plan.

39 minutes ago, 49r said:

Win-Win IMO.  Either you have 3 NBA guys on your roster for next year or you get guys in the league, which is a major plus when it comes to recruiting.

One of those is a small wins, one of those is a massive win. With next year having Miles job hinging on it, we need one of Cope or Palmer back, if not both - or else the recruiting effect could be rendered useless.

41 minutes ago, 49r said:

Win-Win IMO.  Either you have 3 NBA guys on your roster for next year or you get guys in the league, which is a major plus when it comes to recruiting.

While I understand the stance and general premise, I disagree at this point in time.   The single biggest thing Nebraska can do right now is win.   And after year 6, while still on the hot seat, an nba draft pick isn’t going to carry a lot of weight IMO.    And we need those guys to win.    

If this was year 2 or 3, I might think otherwise.    But there’s no time left to do anything but win 

1 hour ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Yikes, all it takes is one team telling them they would take a shot at them in round 2? Most teams have only 2-3 picks, so if you are drafted, you are in their plan.

Not how I'd interpret that since being drafted in the second round doesn't guarantee a roster spot.  I'd interpret that as a team picking late first round saying they want them, or a team picking early second round guaranteeing $$$.

1 hour ago, aphilso1 said:

Not how I'd interpret that since being drafted in the second round doesn't guarantee a roster spot.  I'd interpret that as a team picking late first round saying they want them, or a team picking early second round guaranteeing $$$.

Okay, yeah still pretty vague I guess. If Copes dream is NBA he would probably jump at a 2nd round selection. Wouldn’t blame him for leaving - sure Miles is saying the same.