Ominous Tweet Re: Roster Attrition

54 minutes ago, HB said:

No.  Actually, we got screwed.  The "Big 10 sucks this year" snowball got rolling down the hill way too much, took on a life of its own, and was over the top.  Michigan is a final 4 team we beat by 20.   Penn State is a very talented team playing in the NIT final, and we beat them handily.  The Big 10 wasn't as bad as the conventional wisdom said it was.  Based on any semblance of selection history, we got jobbed. 

Were we worthy of a bid? Yes......Did we get screwed worse than any other bubble team, any other season? No. At the end of the day we didn't beat enough quality teams to make the dance. No team sitting 1-6 against tournament teams should sit there and say they were screwed.

Be interesting to see in the next week to week n a half if anyone else jumps ship, I’ll be quite pleased if we can bring everyone back plus one or both of James or cope to see what next year could be. Mcveighs scholarship is quite crucial at this point too, hopefully get a big time transfer that has to sit out next year or luck into a graduate big guy. 

Just now, B-town hoopsfan said:

Be interesting to see in the next week to week n a half if anyone else jumps ship, I’ll be quite pleased if we can bring everyone back plus one or both of James or cope to see what next year could be. Mcveighs scholarship is quite crucial at this point too, hopefully get a big time transfer that has to sit out next year or luck into a graduate big guy. 

Interesting point on McVeigh.   Not a big fan of his game and there was a noticeable improvement of the team when his minutes went down.   That being said....if things don't go our way on Palmer and Copeland, we get thin very very quick.   McVeigh wasn't great but he is better than nobody.   If both (JP & IC) come back, we won't miss McVeigh at all.  If they both leave, he couldve helped fill a void

18 minutes ago, nustudent said:

Interesting point on McVeigh.   Not a big fan of his game and there was a noticeable improvement of the team when his minutes went down.   That being said....if things don't go our way on Palmer and Copeland, we get thin very very quick.   McVeigh wasn't great but he is better than nobody.   If both (JP & IC) come back, we won't miss McVeigh at all.  If they both leave, he couldve helped fill a void

Just depends how you view the game mcveigh was a hell of a guy, but not a big ten basketball player. He was a streaky shooter at best and a huge liability at worst. We lack some height for now but I’m confident we will fill the void w another player or through more creative lineups if both cope n James leave. Mcveigh didn’t really fit any position on defense( wasn’t quick enough And never bulked up enough to play in the post ) 

5 minutes ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Just depends how you view the game mcveigh was a hell of a guy, but not a big ten basketball player. He was a streaky shooter at best and a huge liability at worst. We lack some height for now but I’m confident we will fill the void w another player or through more creative lineups if both cope n James leave. Mcveigh didn’t really fit any position on defense( wasn’t quick enough And never bulked up enough to play in the post ) 

Won't disagree with any of that as it pertains to him specifically.   But again, depending on what happens, he is at least a semi-warm body.   If Copeland and Palmer go, then your front court is Jordy, who has already tried to leave once and wakes up in the morning with 3 fouls and Roby, who is fantastic.   Not a lot of depth there.

Robin said he would be surprised if Copeland is back. Cited age and bad back/knees as the reason --> he's not sure how many healthy years he has left in him and is probably going to want to start getting paid to play bball while he still can. Especially since he already has his degree.

Robin also said he expects Palmer to be back in a Husker uniform.

Copeland going overseas would leave us shallow up front. Just Roby, Jordy, Tanner, and Heiman.

9 minutes ago, khoock said:

Robin said he would be surprised if Copeland is back. Cited age and bad back/knees as the reason --> he's not sure how many healthy years he has left in him and is probably going to want to start getting paid to play bball while he still can. Especially since he already has his degree.

Copeland going overseas would leave us shallow up front. Just Roby, Jordy, Tanner, and Heiman.

Honestly, at this point I would be very happy if we went 50/50 on Palmer/Copeland returning.  I would prefer to have Palmer back if I had my choice of the two.  Assuming we don't have any others that leave early or transfer we could still put together a very good starting lineup without Copeland.  I think he's right with Copeland, unless he really really loves the college game it does not make much sense for him to return. 

5 hours ago, noahjb24 said:

I really really really don't want to lose Thomas Allen

He will be back this coming season.  Whether or not James comes back, Thomas will be able to compete for a lot of minutes that went to Anton and Evan.  Nana and Thor will be in that competition as well. 

5 hours ago, khoock said:

well he's clearly at least considering coming back given that he hasn't hired an agent.

On 3/29/2018 at 9:05 PM, TimSmiles said:

well he's clearly at least considering coming back given that he hasn't hired an agent.

The problem I see with this theory is that he is getting the evaluation.  If told no bueno, it is a different type of agent that specializes in Euro basketball, than NBA basketball.  So he really cannot hire an agent without knowing which pro path he will be heading down.  

53 minutes ago, LNKtrnsplnt said:

Per twitter:

6'10 F Antun Maricevic of Casper College has committed to South Florida. One of the best bigs in JUCO and an absolute steal for the Bulls!

bummer

Hope it’s becuase we’re in on a good grad transfer and not because Miles doesn’t have a contact extension.  :ph34r: