What to do with Miles contract?

19 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

And I'm glad he didn't. I would rather have Moos be making a coaching decision rather than an AD out the door.

I've been told by a pretty reliable source that SE wanted to fire Miles last year.  Higher-ups stepped in and told him he wasn't making another hire.  That scenario makes the twitter endorsement of Miles returning make a little sense....

11 minutes ago, cipsucks said:

I've been told by a pretty reliable source that SE wanted to fire Miles last year.  Higher-ups stepped in and told him he wasn't making another hire.  That scenario makes the twitter endorsement of Miles returning make a little sense....

Yeah, there's no way they were letting him make a hire at that point, and there's no way if they had let him that he could have made a good hire.  No one good was going to come work for a guy who's job depended on Mike Riley's performance.  And, there's no good way to give Miles an extension last year after three straight losing seasons.  So that's where we are.

19 minutes ago, SkersHoops said:

I've been hearing not so great things about the Nebraska MBB team for the most part of the last 23 years.  Not sure anybody has to go stir the pot on Twitter before something actually happens.  It's not like the fan base would be shocked by any roster moves.

Did you hear from Norm?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, LK1 said:

To your first question, you could say that about any coach with a talented roster who doesn't make the tournament.  My point is that having a talented roster is BY FAR the most important part of running a successful basketball program.  A talented roster will almost guarantee you a perennial bubble spot. 

Any coach with this talented of a roster who doesn't make the tourney and has missed 5 straight then yes.  Obviously if they would have made it this year then things would be different.

10 hours ago, The Polish Rifle said:

You’re completely right on recruiting he’s taken it to the next level. The problem with this argument is everyone has different expectations. Personally I would have set my expectations by the end of year 6 as: get Nebraska’s 1st NCAA win, go 3-3 against creighton, 2+ NCAA appearances. 

People forget the shape Miles found Nebraska basketball in 2012.  He inherited one marginal BIG player in Brandon Ubel and a freshman Shavon Shields.  There really wasn't anything else to speak of.  Miles had the 2015 and 2016 seasons impacted negatively when Terran Petteway left early and Andrew White transferred.  Both seasons would have looked a lot different if both players had stayed. If it were me I would invest more resources in helping Miles succeed than rolling the dice and starting over.  This is the same thing they should have done with Bo when he was the football coach.

People forget the shape Miles found Nebraska basketball in 2012.  He inherited one marginal BIG player in Brandon Ubel and a freshman Shavon Shields.  There really wasn't anything else to speak of.  Miles had the 2015 and 2016 seasons impacted negatively when Terran Petteway left early and Andrew White transferred.  Both seasons would have looked a lot different if both players had stayed. If it were me I would invest more resources in helping Miles succeed than rolling the dice and starting over.  This is the same thing they should have done with Bo when he was the football coach.

I was going to give you an up arrow until you got to the Bo part.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Extend him, give him the keys and time to continue running a stable clean program, attrition happens, and with all the crazy crap going on today in College Basketball, be very thankful of what we have here. We just had a great clean season, and we have a solid roster, most likely returning next year. Stability isnt a bad thing

3 minutes ago, bobcat402 said:

Extend him, give him the keys and time to continue running a stable clean program, attrition happens, and with all the crazy crap going on today in College Basketball, be very thankful of what we have here. We just had a great clean season, and we have a solid roster, most likely returning next year. Stability isnt a bad thing

Yes, plus 10