Almost Time

RexxRacerX

Even though this is going to be a tough rematch from the charity scrimmage to start this season, I'm looking forward to seeing how this team responds.  I have tremendously enjoyed watching every game this year by these young men, and no matter the outcome, or what happens before the start of next season, I wish them all the best success in whatever they decide to do individually.  That said, I hope Miles can use this year, and the craziness of selection Sunday to motivate everyone to come back next year and finish what they started.  Roby's growth this year was tremendous, Cope and Palmer, Jr. are gelling very well together.  Gill has the potential to do more individually, but became such a team player this year that it really helped our big 3 players shine.  Jordy has seemed very happy since he has returned, and has been a major contribution to this team. (I'd argue that we win Penn St. away game with him in the lineup)

If this team starts where they're leaving off next year, and continues to grow together, I am very excited for next year.

But let's get back to the present, I really hope there isn't rust from sitting around for 3 weeks.  I really hope they are motivated to come out and play, and have no ill effects from the disappointment from Sunday.  I really hope we can break the cycle of the home team winning each game so far before the slate of games today.  

This team has the tools to beat Miss St.  They need to get the crowd (and cowbells) out of it early.  It will be interesting to see how we adapt to the experimental rules, the 3 point arc extension has me a little worried, as well as the 20 second shot clock reset.  Hopefully they have been working on taking shots from a little further out in practice, and the guys will be ready to go come 8 pm CST.

Go Big Red!