2018 Transfer Market

hhcmatt

13 hours ago, BmoreRed said:

At this point I expect Miles to hold that scholarship and roll with what we’ve got.

I forget if Harell Jr. is going to be a grad transfer and eligible this year, but either way DU is getting talent and size for once. That team is going to start contest for the summit league. Unfortunately Denver is such a football town (plus very little d1 basketball talent out of high school), it’ll take a lot for anyone to notice when/if DU is competitive. 

And DU loves it frozen white-guy sport as well.

Here's a wild one: Vanderbilt junior C D'jery Baptiste (6-10) will graduate in December and transfer then.

Miles offered back in 2014, but he chose Vandy over UConn.

15-16: Redshirt

16-17: Played in all 35 games, made one start, scored 1.8 ppg and grabbed 1.9 rpg.

17-18: 10 starts in 29 games, 15 minutes per game, 3.4 points, 3.6 rebounds per game.

75 percent from FT line last year.

Could join a team by mid-December and then play all of 19-20. 

Not sure we're in the market, but if we're looking for some depth off the bench in the front court ...

Am I the only one who thinks we still need a big body for this year?

Edited by jayschool

Dajour Dickens transferring from Providence after his freshman year, sit one play three I assume. 7'0 who didn't play much as a freshman at Prov. (averaged like 2 ppg) but pretty highly regarded coming out of H.S.. Had offers from Clemson, Creighton, Virginia, Memphis, VT, and obviously Providence. Could be our first transfer sit and play big man that we could bloom?

8 hours ago, noahjb24 said:

Dajour Dickens transferring from Providence after his freshman year, sit one play three I assume. 7'0 who didn't play much as a freshman at Prov. (averaged like 2 ppg) but pretty highly regarded coming out of H.S.. Had offers from Clemson, Creighton, Virginia, Memphis, VT, and obviously Providence. Could be our first transfer sit and play big man that we could bloom?

He dunks and blocks little guys shots pretty well

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, jayschool said:

Revive this thread.

Absolutely.   Is it remotely possible for us to:

> pull a rabbit out of the hat an find a big man that is a hidden gem;

> find a transfer big man that will accept a role that provides him 10 to 15 minutes per game;

> find a servicible big man that can play decently and can provide necessary depth...?

9 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

If one reviews JUCO Recruiting.com, it appears a few highly rated big men are still available. ...

that site doesn't appear to be updated at all. like 95% of those guys have signed already.

not sure what the story is with this kid. former 4 star that left memphis for juco.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/nick-marshall

appears to have missed the 17-18 juco season because of car accident injury in december of 2017. i assume he'd still be eligible if he finished his classes? 

Edited by TimSmiles

I’m pretty confused why we aren’t hearing about NU trying to recruit anyone for 2018 right now. Do you guys just think they are doing it quietly? Are they not interested in anybody out there right now and focusing on future classes for now? Are they just going to give a Scholly to Tanner and then wait for a mid season transfer like Copeland or something? I never like to accuse the staff like they aren’t doing anything because I know they have some type of plan that we just don’t know about yet. But, what do you guys think that plan is?

49 minutes ago, cjbowbros said:

I’m pretty confused why we aren’t hearing about NU trying to recruit anyone for 2018 right now. Do you guys just think they are doing it quietly? Are they not interested in anybody out there right now and focusing on future classes for now? Are they just going to give a Scholly to Tanner and then wait for a mid season transfer like Copeland or something? I never like to accuse the staff like they aren’t doing anything because I know they have some type of plan that we just don’t know about yet. But, what do you guys think that plan is?

If they're offering an incoming freshman you'd potentially see something though there wasn't much notice with Thorir.

If it's a transfer/juco you might not really see much before it happens.

Have to think that with two scholarships open it will be someone.