2018 Transfer Market

hhcmatt

34 minutes ago, LK1 said:

Deon Lyle = Ryan Anderson '18.  Would be a great addition if we can't land a big.  

Didn't realize this, but he's from Hastings.  Like Hastings, Nebraska.  6'5" and shooter with NBA range.  Seems he can also drive.  No idea how his defense is but his offense is pretty solid.  He'd be the replacement for Anton Gill except probably more consistently able to hit shots across a season.  And perhaps longer on the defensive end.  All of which would be good for us.

So, why did Lyle average less than 20 min/game at UTSA?

SEASON AVERAGES
SEASON TEAM MIN FGM-FGA FG% 3PM-3PA 3P% FTM-FTA FT% REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
2017-18 UTSA 19.6 3.9-9.3 .416 2.7-6.8 .403 0.8-1.2 .628 3.7 0.3 0.1 0.3 2.1 1.0 11.3
SEASON TOTALS
SEASON TEAM MIN FGM-FGA FG% 3PM-3PA 3P% FTM-FTA FT% REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
2017-18 UTSA 687 136-327 .416 96-238 .403 27-43 .628 129 12 4 9 72 35 395

When he was hot, he was really, really hot.  But when he was cold ... he went 1-14 from 3 in the conference championship loss to Marshall.  I don't think I've ever seen a guy take 14 treys in a game.  I know I've never seen a guy miss 13 treys in a game.

Highlights include shooting against us.  Gotta give the guy credit for being able to get his shot off.

7 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

When he was hot, he was really, really hot.  But when he was cold ... he went 1-14 from 3 in the conference championship loss to Marshall.  I don't think I've ever seen a guy take 14 treys in a game.  I know I've never seen a guy miss 13 treys in a game.

Highlights include shooting against us.  Gotta give the guy credit for being able to get his shot off.

I remember that dude seemingly couldn't miss against us.

If you look at his game log, he was remarkably consistent until those last 4 games of the season. He was 8/40 in those games. He'd been shooting .444 from 3 before that. .444 would have put him as a top 5 3 pt shooter in the Big Ten. The .404 he ended at would have been merely top 15 (and best on our team). His 238 attempts would have also led the B1G.

Edited by uneblinstu

I think we gotta look for a big guy w that last scholarship. We should have 4 or 5 playable gaurds next year but Copeland will be gone next year. Roby May go pro. Jordy will be a senior if he’s still here and although heimans weight room improvements are impressive he will have little to no experience. I think it’s gotta be a guy atleast capable of playing the 4 position for us in a year 

12 minutes ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

I think we gotta look for a big guy w that last scholarship. We should have 4 or 5 playable gaurds next year but Copeland will be gone next year. Roby May go pro. Jordy will be a senior if he’s still here and although heimans weight room improvements are impressive he will have little to no experience. I think it’s gotta be a guy atleast capable of playing the 4 position for us in a year 

So you're saying not a grad transfer type, then?

8 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

I saw Houston go 7-44 the other night against GSW! Ariza was 0-9, Harden 2-13, Gordon 2-12.  So they were trying to do it for you!

16 hours ago, nustudent said:

IMO...the future is now.   Need someone that can contribute from day one.  If they have to sit, they better have 2-3 years of playing eligibility left.   

Why put everything into one year if we are just gonna go down the drain the next year, what we have now should be able to get the job done weather it’s jordy improving or someone emerging at the 2 gaurd. Go get someone who’s a future contributor w that 13 scholarship. 

38 minutes ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Why put everything into one year if we are just gonna go down the drain the next year, what we have now should be able to get the job done weather it’s jordy improving or someone emerging at the 2 gaurd. Go get someone who’s a future contributor w that 13 scholarship. 

That’s fine.   But if he’s not going to help this year, make sure he’s more than a role player with one year of eligibility (Lyle)

Winning now also helps us with next years class and transfers as well