2018 Transfer Market

hhcmatt

1 hour ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Matt Mooney a guard from USD has been granted his release.  I think he is a graduate transfer. Was a big time scorer for South Dakota.

Not a high % shooter but he can fill it. Had 31 against TCU, but just 3 against Duke. Suppose he'll follow Smith to Colorado State?

1 hour ago, Chuck Taylor said:

Not a high % shooter but he can fill it. Had 31 against TCU, but just 3 against Duke. Suppose he'll follow Smith to Colorado State?

1 hour ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Hadn't thought of that, but it very well  could be. Thing about it is I don't see Colorado State as that big of a step up from USD.

If he follows coach Smith it will be to Utah State, not CSU.

7 hours ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Matt Mooney a guard from USD has been granted his release.  I think he is a graduate transfer. Was a big time scorer for South Dakota.

Yes please. Kid is a stud. He can definitely help us. Tough kid. Can shoot it well and also shoots FT’s well. 

Pretty sure he will not be following Craig

I ro

9 hours ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

As someone who is a Husker basketball fan first an foremost, but also cheers for South Dakota State. (My fiancé has two degrees from Brookings) I've been programmed to hate USD. Our cat's litter box is called Vermillion, though sometimes I call it Creighton's west campus. I saw Mooney play 3 times at USD and it's no doubt he was there offense. But I also feel like he wouldn't give us anything to offer especially if Palmer comes back. We need to keep growing our 3 point efficiency to help with the dribble drive. Mooney's a slasher but we need more outside shooting or a power forward for the future

Edited by rwhiston

28 minutes ago, rwhiston said:

I ro

As someone who is a Husker basketball fan first an foremost, but also cheers for South Dakota State. (My fiancé has two degrees from Brookings) I've been programmed to hate USD. Our cat's litter box is called Vermillion, though sometimes I call it Creighton's west campus. I saw Mooney play 3 times at USD and it's no doubt he was there offense. But I also feel like he wouldn't give us anything to offer especially if Palmer comes back. We need to keep growing our 3 point efficiency to help with the dribble drive. Mooney's a slasher but we need more outside shooting or a power forward for the future

He made 76 3’s each of the last 2 seasons even with defenses focused on him.  He also rebounds well and made 83% on FT’s last year (made 107 of 129). If we can add him and Xavier to Glynn and Tom we would have a nice 4 guard combo

Mooney would be a great get. He's capable of shooting 40% from 3 and his assist rate suggests that he's capable of finding teammates in addition to scoring. Also our offensive/defensive schemes shouldn't be foreign to him after playing for Craig