Karrington Davis is N

29 minutes ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Averaged 19 ppg his last season in St. Louis I believe and was considered a top 100-150 guy before a knee injury a few years ago, could be the kinda guy we normally don’t get a chance at outta high school 

Was it a knee or hip...sort of like Isaiah's injury?

I REALLY like this pickup.  His junior year game film is exceptional.  That alone would probably be enough to get me excited about signing Davis.  But perhaps even more important is the experience he gained this last year in Florida.  It shows that he wanted to challenge himself, rather than just being the biggest fish in a small pond.  It gave him an opportunity to compete and learn every day from some of the best high school players in the country.  And perhaps most important of all, it gave him a glimpse of college life already by moving away from home.  He has essentially lived out what most players experience during their freshman year: learning to live outside the nest and transitioning from "big man on campus" to "just another guy on the team."  My guess is he is a year ahead of his appears in the maturation process.  I'm stoked!