Jump to content
arliepro

NIT bracket announcement

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

 

That's his index finger. haha

 

Maybe that was wishful thinking on my part... Now I'm concerned this snub won't be a motivator for the players but legitimate reason to say "F" it and just mail it in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Handy Johnson said:

Maybe that was wishful thinking on my part... Now I'm concerned this snub won't be a motivator for the players but legitimate reason to say "F" it and just mail it in. 

 

Yeah, I don't see Evan Taylor or Anton Gill wanting to 'give up' any time soon. I'd imagine that those guys would want to compete hard as seniors! GBR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, jayschool said:

Of the 12 teams seeded below Nebraska in the 32-team NIT, 11 had to be invited because they won their regular season conference championship:

  1. Wagner won the NEC regular season but lost in the tournament;
  2. Hampton won the MEAC but lost in the tournament;
  3. SE Louisiana won the Southland;
  4. UNC Asheville won the Big South;
  5. Northern Kentucky won the Horizon;
  6. Florida Gulf Coast won the Atlantic Sun;
  7. Harvard won the Ivy;
  8. UC-Davis won the Big West;
  9. Louisiana won the Sun Belt;
  10. Vermont won the America East; and
  11. Rider won the MAAC.

BYU DID NOT win the WCC, so they are the only team seeded below Nebraska not to earn an auto bid into the NIT.

 

So we were definitely on the NIT bubble.

That's incredible.  This isn't your dad's NIT, is it?  I remember us hosting Arkansas St and Canisius in different years back in the 80s with teams just barely over .500.

And to add insult to injury, the NE-Mississippi St winner gets 26 less hours of preparation for their 2nd round game with the Baylor-Wagner winner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HuskerCager said:

That's incredible.  This isn't your dad's NIT, is it?  I remember us hosting Arkansas St and Canisius in different years back in the 80s with teams just barely over .500.

And to add insult to injury, the NE-Mississippi St winner gets 26 less hours of preparation for their 2nd round game with the Baylor-Wagner winner.

If we win, it's a 9-hour bus ride from Starkpatch to Wacko. That's a trip for the ages, eh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HuskerCager said:

That's incredible.  This isn't your dad's NIT, is it?  I remember us hosting Arkansas St and Canisius in different years back in the 80s with teams just barely over .500.

And to add insult to injury, the NE-Mississippi St winner gets 26 less hours of preparation for their 2nd round game with the Baylor-Wagner winner.

 

Jimmy D prepared us well for that with the Big 10 schedule this year.  :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just about a year ago
I set out on the road
Seekin' my fame and fortune
Lookin' for a pot of gold
Thing got bad things got worse
I guess you will know the tune
Oh Lord, stuck in the NIT again
 
I rode in on the Greyhound
I'll be walkin' out if I go
I was just passin' through
Must be seven months or more
Ran out of time and money
Looks like they took my friends
Oh Lord, I'm stuck in the NIT again
 
The man from the magazine
Said I was on my way
Somewhere I lost connections
Ran out of  teams to play
I came into town, a one night stand
Looks like my plans fell through
Oh Lord, stuck in NIT again
 
If I only had a dollar
For ev'ry song I've sung
And ev'ry time I had to play
While people sat there drunk
You know, I'd catch the next train
Back to where I live
Oh Lord, I'm stuck in NIT again
Oh Lord, I'm stuck in NIT again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's easy to get bogged down in all the numbers and analytics, simple truth is this: If you have EVER watched a Basketball game, ever, there is NO WAY there are 15 or so teams better than Nebraska in the NIT. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Handy Johnson said:

It's easy to get bogged down in all the numbers and analytics, simple truth is this: If you have EVER watched a Basketball game, ever, there is NO WAY there are 15 or so teams better than Nebraska in the NIT. 

I say the committee might as well just be filled with number nerds, like Luinardi and Palm.  Why waste time actually watching games?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, REDZONEDAN said:

I heard that Boehm and Miles reached out to the NIT selection committee regarding the reasoning for our seeding. I’m curious as to the response they’ll get. I’m guessing it won’t be much of a response.

 

"sure, coach! well, we hate you. we hate you and we hope you die! you good now?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, REDZONEDAN said:

I heard that Boehm and Miles reached out to the NIT selection committee regarding the reasoning for our seeding. I’m curious as to the response they’ll get. I’m guessing it won’t be much of a response.

 

"Your call has gone to voice mail. Would you like to leave a message?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, hhcdimes said:
Just about a year ago
I set out on the road
Seekin' my fame and fortune
Lookin' for a pot of gold
Thing got bad things got worse
I guess you will know the tune
Oh Lord, stuck in the NIT again
 
I rode in on the Greyhound
I'll be walkin' out if I go
I was just passin' through
Must be seven months or more
Ran out of time and money
Looks like they took my friends
Oh Lord, I'm stuck in the NIT again
 
The man from the magazine
Said I was on my way
Somewhere I lost connections
Ran out of  teams to play
I came into town, a one night stand
Looks like my plans fell through
Oh Lord, stuck in NIT again
 
If I only had a dollar
For ev'ry song I've sung
And ev'ry time I had to play
While people sat there drunk
You know, I'd catch the next train
Back to where I live
Oh Lord, I'm stuck in NIT again
Oh Lord, I'm stuck in NIT again

Great, great song. Heading to youtube now! (And it pretty much sums it up_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

I may just be in the anger stage of grief, but I am at the point where I hope we just roll through everyone in this damn thing.  ROLL HUSKERS!!!

Yep, and then don’t even accept the trophy after winning the championship game. Tell them to mail it to Lincoln. Treat it like a business trip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×