NIT bracket announcement

arliepro

10 minutes ago, cozrulz said:

Quit letting your emotions get to you.  Shit happens.  Deal with it and excel.  Boycotting would never help Nebraska's cause.  Winning the tournament and kicking ass next year would.  If Miles and the team has your attitude they all need to go.

I see no benefit of grinding out wins that mean absolutely nothing.  All on the road mind you.  Me personally would like to make sure our players don't get injured.  Like my attitude or not, I think winning the NIT means jack diddily!  I do however think this team should use the chip on their shoulder for next year!

Edited by big red22

Of the 12 teams seeded below Nebraska in the 32-team NIT, 11 had to be invited because they won their regular season conference championship:

1. Wagner won the NEC regular season but lost in the tournament;
  2. Hampton won the MEAC but lost in the tournament;
  3. SE Louisiana won the Southland;
  4. UNC Asheville won the Big South;
  5. Northern Kentucky won the Horizon;
  6. Florida Gulf Coast won the Atlantic Sun;
  7. Harvard won the Ivy;
  8. UC-Davis won the Big West;
  9. Louisiana won the Sun Belt;
  10. Vermont won the America East; and
  11. Rider won the MAAC.

BYU DID NOT win the WCC, so they are the only team seeded below Nebraska not to earn an auto bid into the NIT.

So we were definitely on the NIT bubble.

5 minutes ago, jason2486 said:

I would love to win the NIT, but I cringe at the same time at being a 2-time meaningless national tournament champion.

It would mean something to win five straight games in these projected matchups:

1. at Mississippi State (SEC, genuflect, please)
  2. at Baylor (Big XII, genuflect, but keep your eye them; they're not to be trusted)
  3. at Middle Tennessee (hey, it's not Outer Tennessee)
  4. vs. Notre Dame in NYC (an ACC team in front of the Subway Alumni)
  5. vs. Southern Cal in NYC

That is probably as difficult as KU's path to the NCAA Title game.

18 minutes ago, jayschool said:

Of the 12 teams seeded below Nebraska in the 32-team NIT, 11 had to be invited because they won their regular season conference championship:

1. Wagner won the NEC regular season but lost in the tournament;
  2. Hampton won the MEAC but lost in the tournament;
  3. SE Louisiana won the Southland;
  4. UNC Asheville won the Big South;
  5. Northern Kentucky won the Horizon;
  6. Florida Gulf Coast won the Atlantic Sun;
  7. Harvard won the Ivy;
  8. UC-Davis won the Big West;
  9. Louisiana won the Sun Belt;
  10. Vermont won the America East; and
  11. Rider won the MAAC.

BYU DID NOT win the WCC, so they are the only team seeded below Nebraska not to earn an auto bid into the NIT.

So we were definitely on the NIT bubble.

Which is just total crap

Have a hard time believing our players are going to be motivated or determined to go back to Mississippi and play hard. I fully expect we will look like a team that has thrown in the towel. I wish we would just withdraw and use this as motivation for next year. A blowout loss at Mississippi State would be a bad way to go into 2018-19.

So . . . if Huskers win in Mississippi, we’ll then have to travel to Baylor, a # 1 seed?  If Nebraska gets two road wins, do we finally get game in Lincoln?  Probably not?   Yikes.  

That’s about as bad a draw as anyone in Nebraska’s situation could ever expect to get.

Someone (or more) on these selection committees REALLY has it in for Nebrasketball!!!

51 minutes ago, cozrulz said:

Quit letting your emotions get to you.  Shit happens.  Deal with it and excel.  Boycotting would never help Nebraska's cause.  Winning the tournament and kicking ass next year would.  If Miles and the team has your attitude they all need to go.

As an FYI of the last 5 winners of the NIT only 2 of those teams have made it to the NCAA tournament the next season. This tournament means little to nothing for the following season.

The only thing this tournament is good for is additional practices.

1 minute ago, Ron Mexico said:

As an FYI of the last 5 winners of the NIT only 2 of those teams have made it to the NCAA tournament the next season. This tournament means little to nothing for the following season.

The only thing this tournament is good for is additional practices.

Yep, we didn't dance the year after our title either.

3 minutes ago, royalfan said:

Sadly, I don't see us going down there and caring all that much either.  We at least needed a home game to try to energize them into caring.  This is a tough situation here.  

Miles says his biggest concern is that the team has played only two games in three weeks.  Getting them back into game form is a concern.

2 hours ago, northwillriseagain said:

Seems Nebraska was just an afterthought everywhere. They just threw us in somewhere. 

Apparently want us out in general.

Yeah. 

I know we're cursed, and the stat nerds hate us...but why does the NCAA hate us? Is this the husker fan fanatics' fault for needling them the last 3 weeks in name of "campaigning"? I honestly don't get it.... :(

32 minutes ago, jayschool said:

It would mean something to win five straight games in these projected matchups:

1. at Mississippi State (SEC, genuflect, please)
  2. at Baylor (Big XII, genuflect, but keep your eye them; they're not to be trusted)
  3. at Middle Tennessee (hey, it's not Outer Tennessee)
  4. vs. Notre Dame in NYC (an ACC team in front of the Subway Alumni)
  5. vs. Southern Cal in NYC

That is probably as difficult as KU's path to the NCAA Title game.

Actually, the third road game would likely be Louisville, the No. 2 seed, not MTSU, the No. 3 seed.

Home records for the teams we'll likely have to beat to get to NYC:

1. MSU 18-2
  2. Baylor 14-4
  3. Louisville 14-5

5 minutes ago, jayschool said:

Actually, the third road game would likely be Louisville, the No. 2 seed, not MTSU, the No. 3 seed.

Home records for the teams we'll likely have to beat to get to NYC:

1. MSU 18-2
  2. Baylor 14-4
  3. Louisville 14-5

Real question though... How many Quad 1 wins does that get us??  Never too early to start stockpiling them for next year.

Edited by hskr4life