NIT bracket announcement

arliepro

Here's the plan:

Say all the right things in interviews leading up to the game.  Hop on the flight to cousin-kissin' country.  Do pre-game warm-ups like normal.  Do player introductions like normal.  Then, just as the ref is about to throw up the opening tip, the whole team looks straight at the camera, blows a kiss and waves, and quietly walks back to the locker room. Now that's how you say "screw y'all."

Edited by aphilso1

I just hope Miles uses this to keep the nucleus of this team together for next year now.  And I hope they answer the challenge and play with a chip on their shoulder for this insane snubbing.  Someone please explain to me how a team that we traded home wins with, going into OT at their place, in our same conference is seeded above NU?

That makes absolutely no sense, among many other teams who are seeded above us.  

This is a really weird year, use it to light a fire to finish the business next year!

7 minutes ago, aphilso1 said:

Here's the plan:

Say all the right things in interviews leading up to the game.  Hop on the flight to cousin-kissin' country.  Do pre-game warm-ups like normal.  Do player introductions like normal.  Then, just as the ref is about to throw up the opening tip, the whole team looks straight at the camera, blows a kiss and waves, and quietly walks back to the locker room. Now that's how you say "screw y'all."

Hey now my dad is from Mississippi.

9 minutes ago, aphilso1 said:

Here's the plan:

+100

19 minutes ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

And we actually paid that sorry sack of s**t just for the privilege of running this program into the ground.

Dumbass.  1 guy out of 8.  You have no idea of the discussion.  For all you know he was the one guy sticking up for Nebraska.  He must have some respect for the basketball program because he has come back for a game at Pinnacle either last year or the year before.

#5 seed.  Whatever.  Win the damn thing.

Edited by cozrulz

Like everyone, I'm disappointed, angry, and confused.  This is baloney!  Can't help but to wonder what the rest of the story is behind this.   I am very proud of all of our kids for the work and efforts they put in.  Feel bad for Evan and Anton.  

A lot of time life isn't fair.  I hope that our Team comes together and plays with intelligence and intensity like we haven't seen before.  We have an opportunity to prove that we're a good team and I sure hope we do.  GBR!

31 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Well, hopefully the boys are as pissed off as we are and will use it as motivation to have a great NIT tournament.

Why?  So we can here Creighton fans say congrats on being the 69th best team in the country?  Boycott the **** out of this hose job and make sure this bull**i* doesn't happen again

Edited by big red22

1 minute ago, big red22 said:

Why?  So we can here Creighton fans say congrats on being the 69th best team in the country?  Boycott the **** out of this hose job and make sure this bull**i* doesn't happen again

Quit letting your emotions get to you.  Shit happens.  Deal with it and excel.  Boycotting would never help Nebraska's cause.  Winning the tournament and kicking ass next year would.  If Miles and the team has your attitude they all need to go.

8 minutes ago, big red22 said:

No way they should boycott, but they really will make Nebraska low odds with all those road games. There’s no way. I’d give a great shot at all 3 on nuetral or home, but not all 3 on the road .

41 minutes ago, RexxRacerX said:

I just hope Miles uses this to keep the nucleus of this team together for next year now.  And I hope they answer the challenge and play with a chip on their shoulder for this insane snubbing.  Someone please explain to me how a team that we traded home wins with, going into OT at their place, in our same conference is seeded above NU?

That makes absolutely no sense, among many other teams who are seeded above us.  

This is a really weird year, use it to light a fire to finish the business next year!

The moral of the story is you can lose a lot of games as long as you win a couple against "Quadrant One" teams. PSU did that. Or just crush November, as Oklahoma did.