uneblinstu's postgame chatter: Vol: 10; ed: 32 - Big Ten Tournament: Michigan

24 minutes ago, tcp said:

Or my favorite: Sometimes the dragon wins. No, scratch that, most of the time the dragon wins. Why do you think we tell so many stories of brave knights? Because they are incredibly rare. 

There are times, my friend,
When no matter how brave the Noble Knight
No matter how swift his Gallant Steed
No matter how pure the Maiden he would rescue
No matter how Just the cause for which he fights
There are times, my friend,
When the Dragon will still win.

What did we do to deserve this? Year after year, decade after decade, century....

When will it ever be "our turn" to go to the tournament and win one damn game. It's not like we're talking about a final four here, we're talking about being in the last 32 teams just one time. The most talented team we've had in 25 years isn't even going to get into the 68. 

&$#!.

Edited by MilesDavis

1 hour ago, Handy Johnson said:

We're treading dangerously close to "ethnic stereotyping" on this, I just hate that smartass grin Wagner has all the time. Here's hoping the Wolverines get smoked their next 2.

Go sparty. My brother is a buckeye fan, I a longtime Michigan follower; 

Let's just say I'm now more of a nut lover now. ?

1 hour ago, MilesDavis said:

What did we do to deserve this? Year after year, decade after decade, century....

When will it ever be "our turn" to go to the tournament and win one damn game. It's not like we're talking about a final four here, we're talking about being in the last 32 teams just one time. The most talented team we've had in 25 years isn't even going to get into the 68. 

&$#!.

For this year, change our name to Indiana or Maryland, we would be in the tournament. 

2 hours ago, jayschool said:

Take your pick:

The world breaks everyone, and afterward many are strong at the broken places. - Ernest Hemingway

No farewell words were spoken, no time to say goodbye, you were gone before we knew it, and only God knows why.  - Author Unknown

I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright. I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more. I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive. I wish you enough pain that the smallest joys in life appear much bigger.- Author Unknown

After the clouds, the sunshine; after the winter, the spring; after the shower, the rainbow; for life is a changeable thing. After the night, the morning, bidding all darkness cease, after life's cares and sorrows, the comfort and sweetness of peace. - Helen Steiner Rice

May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back.  May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields.  And until we meet again, may God hold you in the hollow of his hand. - Irish Blessing

Sometimes I wish I were a little kid again, skinned knees are easier to fix than broken hearts. - Author Unknown

You tried your best and failed miserably.  The lesson is, never try.  - Homer Simpson

Michigan won this game with about 10 min to go in Lincoln.

Beilein sat his starters then and allowed his bench to take a bigger beating while his starters had to sit there and watch it.

He planted a seed that day, and I think it grew to a Redwood that fell on our head today.

That is why they talked so much , clowned and dunked. 

7 hours ago, Huskers/Cubs said:

I would love to be playing in Dayton. I'm just tired of knowing we are going to lose a game. I have seen this repeated for 40 plus years with very few exceptions.

Put on your blue vest and drink a beer in the end zone.

And remember for more than 20 of those years the Huskers kicked your butt.

On 3/2/2018 at 4:41 PM, Huskers/Cubs said:

I would love to be playing in Dayton. I'm just tired of knowing we are going to lose a game. I have seen this repeated for 40 plus years with very few exceptions.

I'm a Red Sox fan. Have been for year.  It seems odd you can't see what happened with the Cubs after years and know that you don't know.

1 minute ago, hhcdimes said:

Do you think this could be credited to Beilein going away from the 1-3-1? I haven't watched a ton of Mich basketball but I always associated the 1-3-1 with Beilein.  But, watching some of their games this year off the top of my head I can't remember them going to the zone. 

1 minute ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

Do you think this could be credited to Beilein going away from the 1-3-1? I haven't watched a ton of Mich basketball but I always associated the 1-3-1 with Beilein.  But, watching some of their games this year off the top of my head I can't remember them going to the zone. 

That's mentioned but I think the key is length/athleticism combined with buy-in.