uneblinstu's postgame chatter: Vol: 10; ed: 32 - Big Ten Tournament: Michigan

• This was the game we haven’t seen from NU all year, or at least in a while.
  • They really seemed like they wilted under the pressure. They played tight, not like this was an opportunity. I was really hoping they’d take this opportunity by the throat and seize it. Michigan was the team that played like that. They clearly were the aggressor and just dominated from start to finish.
  • Michigan smothered everything the Huskers tried to do.
  • And NU really was poor defensively. As bad as we’ve seen in a while.
  • There was no flow offensively and when they did get something going, Michigan had an answer every time. NU could never get any traction.
  • Michigan did the things they didn’t do in Lincoln. Seemed like they couldn’t miss from deep, the really smothered NU’s attempts to get to the rim.
  • The Huskers couldn’t hit their shots, either. This was a game we’ve seen over and over and over again over the year. Really hoped we wouldn’t see it again this season.
  • I don’t have much else to say. I’m not expecting anything on Selection Sunday. Guess we’ll get a game or two at PBA in the NIT.

Wow. Didn’t think I’d see this version of us after the St. John’s game.  It was No Fail Friday and we simply couldn’t answer the Bell. Either the scout was way off, or we just forgot everything and went to the four guys standing around stagnant offense. I honestly barely recognized this team. Very disappointed. It was put up or shut up and I’ll be shutting up. 

Wow. Didn’t think I’d see this version of us after the St. John’s game.  It was No Fail Friday and we simply couldn’t answer the Bell. Either the scout was way off, or we just forgot everything and went to the four guys standing around stagnant offense. I honestly barely recognized this team. Very disappointed. It was put up or shut up and I’ll be shutting up. 

Michigan changed how they were playing offense after losing to us and went on a run.

It was our fault they changed their offense so we really beat ourselves.

Said this in the game thread but the only good thing we have going for us now is the 9 days until selection Sunday.  A lot of bubble teams will lose.  We just beat them to the punch in grand fashion. Have to hope 9 days will be long enough to remove the stench from that performance.  I don't think we're 100% out, but I wouldn't bet a nickel on us being in either. 

Edited by tjp21

Take your pick:

The world breaks everyone, and afterward many are strong at the broken places. - Ernest Hemingway

No farewell words were spoken, no time to say goodbye, you were gone before we knew it, and only God knows why.  - Author Unknown

I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright. I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more. I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive. I wish you enough pain that the smallest joys in life appear much bigger.- Author Unknown

After the clouds, the sunshine; after the winter, the spring; after the shower, the rainbow; for life is a changeable thing. After the night, the morning, bidding all darkness cease, after life's cares and sorrows, the comfort and sweetness of peace. - Helen Steiner Rice

May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back.  May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields.  And until we meet again, may God hold you in the hollow of his hand. - Irish Blessing

Sometimes I wish I were a little kid again, skinned knees are easier to fix than broken hearts. - Author Unknown

Edited by jayschool

22 minutes ago, jayschool said:

Take your pick:

The world breaks everyone, and afterward many are strong at the broken places. - Ernest Hemingway

No farewell words were spoken, no time to say goodbye, you were gone before we knew it, and only God knows why.  - Author Unknown

I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright. I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more. I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive. I wish you enough pain that the smallest joys in life appear much bigger.- Author Unknown

After the clouds, the sunshine; after the winter, the spring; after the shower, the rainbow; for life is a changeable thing. After the night, the morning, bidding all darkness cease, after life's cares and sorrows, the comfort and sweetness of peace. - Helen Steiner Rice

May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back.  May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields.  And until we meet again, may God hold you in the hollow of his hand. - Irish Blessing

Sometimes I wish I were a little kid again, skinned knees are easier to fix than broken hearts. - Author Unknown

Or my favorite: Sometimes the dragon wins. No, scratch that, most of the time the dragon wins. Why do you think we tell so many stories of brave knights? Because they are incredibly rare.