FBI Ramification

If you want a list of schools the NCAA might have their sights set on, I'd start here:

Assistant coaches from four schools -- Arizona, Auburn, Oklahoma State and Southern California -- pleaded guilty to accepting bribes from aspiring business manager Christian Dawkins and others to influence their players to sign with his fledgling sports agency.

During two federal criminal trials in the Southern District of New York, there also was evidence presented or testimony from witnesses that alleged coaches at a handful of other schools, including Creighton, Kansas, Louisville, NC State and Oregon, allegedly made offers of improper payments to players and their families or were providing them with payments.

Officials at Arizona, Kansas, Louisville, NC State and USC have previously acknowledged that their men's basketball programs are under NCAA investigation.

On 6/12/2019 at 5:26 PM, Swan88 said:

Two high-profile programs will be served in a matter of weeks.

My guess is Kansas and Louisville will be the first two to kick it off, since the NCAA has been conducting a prostate exam on both schools since before the FBI thing ever came up.

They may just nuke L'Ville with everything they've done the past several years.

• 3 months later...

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article235306247.html

The NCAA is preparing to issue a notice of allegations that details multiple major violations in the Kansas men’s basketball program, The Star has learned.

The notice will come, sources told The Star, after a summer of speculation following a top NCAA official saying the organization would make findings against schools involved in a pay-for-play recruiting scheme investigated by the FBI.

On June 12, Stan Wilcox, the NCAA’s vice president of regulatory affairs, said at least six schools would receive a notice of allegations for Level 1 violations this summer.

North Carolina State on July 10 received a notice of allegations that included two Level 1 violations. Level 1 violations carry some of the most severe punishment, including postseason bans and loss of scholarships.

A NCAA notice of allegations starts a clock toward punishment, a timeline that could take several months to complete, likely past the end of the 2019-20 men’s basketball season.

ESPN recently reported that NCAA investigators were also working on cases at Arizona, Auburn, Creighton, Louisville, LSU and USC.

Kansas dirty? I know, I know, I'm incredibly stunned too.

20 hours ago, throwback said:

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article235306247.html

Kansas dirty? I know, I know, I'm incredibly stunned too.

I'm still surprised that Bill Self didn't bolt for professional sports a la Pete Carroll. Guessing he must know KU will 'pay' for this via Wichita State as the Shockers will feel the most pain.