FBI Ramification

27 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Bowen's dad under oath said CU offered money to Bowen, Bowen's handler had 10 conversations with Coach McD the last 20 days of his recruitment - the same time he was documented to have received 100K offers from Zona & LVille. For some reason Dawkins lawyer said MSU was the only school not willing to pay Bowen.

17 minutes ago, bleujay said:

It implies Creighton is guilty when there is zero evidence. 

The Polish Rifle presented you evidence and you turned the other way man...  Is it hard core, convicting evidence?  Probably not yet.  But to say that the facts that have already been presented shows ZERO evidence is just not correct.  All of the above that Polish typed out is considered "evidence" to a journalist. 

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt, nor is it just the first stage in the Kübler-Ross model.

Delusional ain't just the title of the longest running - and most popular - thread on Bluejay Underground, either.

You got a lot of nerve coming over to Husker Hoops Central trying to curry any favor, @bleujay.  Any goodwill you may have thought you've built up over the years by pandering to the locals here I'd say is evaporating quickly by your acting out in this thread.

If I had to guess I'd say you may be moving on to the second stage of grief - anger - and are here looking to pick a fight.  Am I right?

4 hours ago, bleujay said:

1. So what? Our coaches are thorough in their recruitment processes? Wouldn't you want there to be more than less calls for the most high profile recruit in CU's modern history? No proof, just circumstance and fluff

2. No. I call it like I see it. What Dirk wrote was just clickbait stupiditiy. "Yeah, there's no proof, but we'll paint them as the guilty party and then leave the readers to decide - that's what they get for trying to play with the big boys"

I call bullshit. You like 95% of Billy fans are pissing their pants right now. You guys are all just praying the wiretap tapes aren’t released. 

16 hours ago, bleujay said:

Vague subtweeting? Seems pretty explicit. He supports McDermott and asserts the program is clean. If he didn't do those things, I'd be worried for Mac's future and the integrity of the program. That's why its a sigh of relief.

Bruce "Nebraska looks like a tournament team" Rasmussen has made a statement that you are free to interpret in any way you'd like.

16 hours ago, bleujay said:

Reporting is fine. I have no issue with the national reporting because its relevant. I didn't have any issue with the OWH's handling of it until Dirk's piece was published. It implies Creighton is guilty when there is zero evidence. Bottom line.

The father of Brian Bowen testified in federal court that Creighton assistant Preston Murphy offered him $100000 and a good job, a statement that you cannot disprove anymore than anyone can prove. Phone records don't prove anything except that the staff spent a lot of time talking to a guy who they knew was involved with an agency who was also the point man on Bowen Jr.  One needs to believe that Dawkins fabricated the entire story for some reason.  One needs to believe that either the Jay's staff was either naive/dumb to not know that Bowen Sr/Dawkins was shopping his kid or else they knew he was and were naive/dumb enough to think they were going to land him anyway.

I don't have a OWH+ subscription. I have no idea what Dirk wrote. 

There will probably be zero repercussions from the NCAA or Creighton University at the end of the day and feel free to hang your hat on that hook. 

The best case scenario is that the Jays staff is comprised of a bunch of naive yokels and I'm not sure why that's much better or why we're required to buy it.

17 hours ago, bleujay said:

1. So what? Our coaches are thorough in their recruitment processes? Wouldn't you want there to be more than less calls for the most high profile recruit in CU's modern history? No proof, just circumstance and fluff

2. No. I call it like I see it. What Dirk wrote was just clickbait stupiditiy. "Yeah, there's no proof, but we'll paint them as the guilty party and then leave the readers to decide - that's what they get for trying to play with the big boys"

No proof?  You mean other than sworn testimony at trial by the recruit's dad that he received an offer from Creighton's assistant coach?

9 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

No proof?  You mean other than sworn testimony at trial by the recruit's dad that he received an offer from Creighton's assistant coach?

Bowen received the offer from Dawkins. DAWKINS. How many of this fan base on this board/twitter/wherever are going to make the mistake of thinking Bowen got an offer directly from Murphy/McDermott/Creighton according to his sworn testimony? Bowen said that Dawkins told him that Creighton was making that offer and that Murphy would supply it. That's all that was said under oath. We have no clue if Dawkins was lying to Bowen or not that's the scenario.

Edited by OmahaHusker
name change

4 minutes ago, OmahaHusker said:

Bowen received the offer from Dawkins. DAWKINS. How many of this fan base on this board/twitter/wherever are going to make the mistake of thinking Bowen got an offer directly from Murphy/McDermott/Creighton according to his sworn testimony? Bowen said that Dawkins told him that Creighton was making that offer and that Murphy would supply it. That's all that was said under oath. We have no clue if Dawkins was lying to Bowen or not that's the scenario.

OK, well, I haven't paid that much attention to it. I'm not a Creighton fan, so I don't really care.

Just now, OmahaHusker said:

Bowen received the offer from Dawkins. DAWKINS. How many of this fan base on this board/twitter/wherever are going to make the mistake of thinking Bowen got an offer directly from Murphy/McDermott/Creighton according to his sworn testimony? Dawkins said that Creighton was making that offer and that Murphy would supply it. That's all that was said under oath. We have no clue if Dawkins was lying to Bowen or not that's the scenario.

We also have no clue he wasn't.

Just because the NCAA can't or won't do anything also doesn't prove that nothing happened.

Just because no one gets fired, no one gets sanctioned, no one is penalized doesn't prove nothing happened.

1 hour ago, OmahaHusker said:

"This fan base?"  Don't you mean "Our fan base?"  

Either way, Matt has made the point, and rightly so, that just because no one might get into trouble for this doesn't mean that it didn't happen.  Dirk has every right to write a piece one way or another in this instance.  There is enough out there in the public eye for people to be skeptical of Creighton right now.

I definitely agree with you guys that there's smoke there. No question. And I'm not saying Dawkins didn't lie. I have no idea what those calls pertained. I was just more bothered by the fact our fans keep saying "he said it under oath" when what he said under oath doesn't mean anything. If Dawkins took the stand that's a different story.  

Do they think they are victims and been taken advantage of? There is no way they didn't know what was going on. The phone calls could not have been just about Justin Patton. The number of calls and length of the calls. I am sure if they are clean and did not want anything to do with offering the player money, then there would not have been phone records like the ones reported in the article. I do think it's funny that the AD and head coach go to Twitter to get some messages out with how they have been played by someone they trusted. Pretty sure you knew what they were up to by the amount of time and in-depth conversations that were had. And if their argument is that the runner also has other players that they may have been interested in, then just brush off the 100K offer and say "who else is available". If they're clean, the communication is done. Since there was more and more interest, this is definitely something to investigate. 

I actually don't know why I am investing so much time into this thing. As much as I would like them to get dinged with some kind of sanctions, I really don't think there is going to be enough evidence to do anything. Maybe the assistant coach that was involved will get fired or he will resign but that is about all I see happening. I hate you Creighton but still want you at full strength when you come to PBA so we can kick your a$$ and get off this huge bender we've been on when playing this game each year. Go Huskers!

Retweeted by McDermott:

• 4 months later...

https://www.omaha.com/creighton/plus/shatel-after-latest-allegations-creighton-s-bruce-rasmussen-and-greg/article_8141dcab-7211-5c55-8e16-7f5d94768471.html

Don't worry. The OWH isn't changing its blue leanings. It's not a hit piece.

He mentions 4 times how CU always does things the right way and 2 more times how he's sure the AD and Gregie didn't knowingly cheat. 

?

7 minutes ago, throwback said:

https://www.omaha.com/creighton/plus/shatel-after-latest-allegations-creighton-s-bruce-rasmussen-and-greg/article_8141dcab-7211-5c55-8e16-7f5d94768471.html

Don't worry. The OWH isn't changing its blue leanings. It's not a hit piece.

He mentions 4 times how CU always does things the right way and 2 more times how he's sure the AD and Gregie didn't knowingly cheat. 

?

No kidding if this was Nebraska the OWH would be looking for blood, they are a joke. CU knew exactly what they were doing when they hired Murphy. They needed recruits for the Big East and that is how they were going to get them.