FBI Ramification

Well, not all of them are screaming fake news? - and all along I just thought Dirk was a Husker hater, now I find out he is a Creighton hater as well.

Replying to @OWHjays @dirkchatelain

If McDermott has any integrity left, he will resign immediately as head basketball coach of Creighton University. Otherwise all of my family/kids will cancel our season tickets. This cheating is unacceptable and I am disappointed in Creighton #CreightonScandal

1 reply1 like

That piece by Dirk was extremely lazy, low effort yellow journalism lol. Also before you start throwing stones about twitter scum, maybe take a look at what some of the GBR fans are tweeting in those threads. What facts can they point to? McDermott made calls to a handler of someone we recruited? That same person working for the agency that represented Patton? The FBI still has not contacted Creighton for any sort of info request or cooperation. Its still more likely this is a nothing burger. Rasmussen defending the program's image on Twitter is a big sigh of relief. I am disappointed in the OWH for allowing that sort of article to be published

2 minutes ago, bleujay said:

That piece by Dirk was extremely lazy, low effort yellow journalism lol. Also before you start throwing stones about twitter scum, maybe take a look at what some of the GBR fans are tweeting in those threads. What facts can they point to? McDermott made calls to a handler of someone we recruited? That same person working for the agency that represented Patton? The FBI still has not contacted Creighton for any sort of info request or cooperation. Its still more likely this is a nothing burger. Rasmussen defending the program's image on Twitter is a big sigh of relief. I am disappointed in the OWH for allowing that sort of article to be published

Bleujay - I may be mistaken, but I thought I heard that McDermott and Creighton were in the process of cooperating with the NCAA on this issue.  Perhaps I did not hear/read the information correctly.

19 minutes ago, bleujay said:

How about the 59 calls from Preston? 

If this his type of article were written about NU, Wichita St or Villanova, Billy fans would think it was a great article

11 minutes ago, Jugular said:

If this his type of article were written about NU, Wichita St or Villanova, Billy fans would think it was a great article

All I’m saying is give me facts. Yes I think the many calls between Preston and Dawkins are suspicious. But they’re both friends that grew up in Saginaw. I mean I’m assuming yes they talked about Bowen. I feel like I’d be naive to think otherwise. But we don’t know if there was an legitmate money offer made. It’s all assumptions.

39 minutes ago, bleujay said:

Rasmussen defending the program's image on Twitter is a big sigh of relief.

His vague subtweeting has certainly restored the luster of the program and a series of emphatic retweets should maintain this sterling reputation as information continues to drip out over the next year(s)

1 hour ago, bleujay said:

All Dirk is saying guilty or not- it is dumb to associate yourself with someone like that. Which he is right. McDermott and Patton have heavy connections to a guy in the center of College Basketball's Pay-to-Play scandal. That doesn't make them guilty, but man it was pretty dumb to risk your reputation on being tied to him.

6 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

All Dirk is saying guilty or not- it is dumb to associate yourself with someone like that. Which he is right. McDermott and Patton have heavy connections to a guy in the center of College Basketball's Pay-to-Play scandal. That doesn't make them guilty, but man it was pretty dumb to risk your reputation on being tied to him.

sorry that Mac decided to swing for the fences. Its not like he makes a routine of going after McD's AA type players. If you go after someone rated that highly, there's a good chance they associate with someone that, in your words, you "wouldn't want Miles associating with" (dumb mentality anyway, CBB recruiting is riddled with guys like Dawkins)

1 hour ago, Huskerpapa said:

Bleujay - I may be mistaken, but I thought I heard that McDermott and Creighton were in the process of cooperating with the NCAA on this issue.  Perhaps I did not hear/read the information correctly.

I haven't heard anything about the NCAA. But the University maintains there has been no word from the FBI. I don't have a reason to believe they would lie about something like that. 

40 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

His vague subtweeting has certainly restored the luster of the program and a series of emphatic retweets should maintain this sterling reputation as information continues to drip out over the next year(s)

Vague subtweeting? Seems pretty explicit. He supports McDermott and asserts the program is clean. If he didn't do those things, I'd be worried for Mac's future and the integrity of the program. That's why its a sigh of relief.

1 hour ago, Jugular said:

1. So what? Our coaches are thorough in their recruitment processes? Wouldn't you want there to be more than less calls for the most high profile recruit in CU's modern history? No proof, just circumstance and fluff

2. No. I call it like I see it. What Dirk wrote was just clickbait stupiditiy. "Yeah, there's no proof, but we'll paint them as the guilty party and then leave the readers to decide - that's what they get for trying to play with the big boys"

Edited by bleujay

3 minutes ago, bleujay said:

1. So what? Our coaches are thorough in their recruitment processes? Wouldn't you want there to be more than less calls for the most high profile recruit in CU's modern history? No proof, just circumstance and fluff

2. No. I call it like I see it. What Dirk wrote was just clickbait stupiditiy. "Yeah, there's no proof, but we'll paint them as the guilty party and then leave the readers to decide - that's what they get for trying to play with the big boys"

Even you have to see the circumstantial evidence is enough to warrant a local paper to report on it? Dawkins phone is being blown up 10+ times in 20 days by L'Ville (caught paying Bowen 100k), Arizona (caught offering Bowen 100k) and CU (I'm sure they offered nothing he just wanted to spur a couple blue bloods offering six-figures because the CHI Health Center is dope). I know you want to keep saying its clickbait - but it's a story being covered by every sports giant in American and CU is in the thick of it.

3 minutes ago, bleujay said:

no, I'm sorry, I don't see any evidence worth reporting on. Guess the divide in perception is too large. Let me send a letter to Mac telling him to never recruit anyone who is also being recruited by 'ville or Arizona.

The discussion is going to exist when CU was on Bowen's final list, Bowen's dad under oath said CU offered money to Bowen, Bowen's handler had 10 conversations with Coach McD the last 20 days of his recruitment - the same time he was documented to have received 100K offers from Zona & LVille. For some reason Dawkins lawyer said MSU was the only school not willing to pay Bowen.

How far into the sand you guys gonna bury your heads? I understand thinking that your school is clean, but to not understand why CU is being discussed like this is astounding.

3 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

but to not understand why CU is being discussed like this is astounding.

This. I'm all about keeping an open mind until the facts are out there, and good on those who do. But it's also a journalist's job to report on matters like this (whether it's corruption in sports, government, etc.). That's the beautiful thing about America being able to bring up these matters without being censored. Let's see the facts come about and see how things shake up. It's not looking well, but we'll see.