FBI Ramification

1 hour ago, jdw said:

First Altman now McDermott looks like we know how that program got turned around.

Exactly.

• Current coach = Dirty ... but on the plus side, apparently he's good at employment counseling.
  • Previous coach = Dirty, even when grading on the shoe company curve.
  • Tony Barone = Stereotyping demands that he was dirty.

But it's a probably just a huge misunderstanding.

As a guy who works with numerous CU alums who have no problems trolling me year round in both football and basketball, I can’t wait for tomorrow. I had previously scheduled a vacation day tomorrow, but just suddenly remembered I forgot something at the office, and will most certainly be stopping in to “discuss” this with all of the Bluejay alums...

7 hours ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

As a guy who works with numerous CU alums who have no problems trolling me year round in both football and basketball, I can’t wait for tomorrow. I had previously scheduled a vacation day tomorrow, but just suddenly remembered I forgot something at the office, and will most certainly be stopping in to “discuss” this with all of the Bluejay alums...

Can you do a very loud Zoom conference with the rest of the board? I'd be happy to join in.

15 hours ago, The Polish Rifle said:

However this turns out, not a good look for Creighton. Our local sports radio show, hosted by CU pxp guy - already on damage control and downplaying the whole thing. Gonna love to see how this works into their holier than thou attitude. Would think we would see CU fans calling for Coach McD's head if they practice what they preach. 

It's no big deal because everyone is doing it and players should be paid and during next week's shows we'll get into how much we or no one cares about any of this.

https://www.omaha.com/sports/blogs/creighton-can-even-all-time-series-with-nebraska-tim-miles/article_0dc82aca-bca9-11e6-815b-27fcbc918d4b.html

^^^ Better retract this.  Assuming Altman has the same tactics (plenty of smoke there), that puts us at about +15 in the series again after vacated wins with purchased players.  

Something seemed awfully strange with their sudden uptick in recruiting.  And I mean it was sudden.

Yeah, we landed some Rivals 4-stars, too.  But ours were mostly guys who started out under the radar when we started going after them.

Roby, for instance.  We were on him long before he had any real recruiting attention.  Morrow was a legacy recruit.  Horne was an unranked 3-star when we discovered him in the interim between Burno and the other guy.  Watson is really the only 4-star or Rivals 150 guy who was already a Rivals 150 guy when we got involved.

But those other guys suddenly started getting visits and landing some commits from players who were pretty sought after.

Something's rotten in the State of Denmark.

4 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Something seemed awfully strange with their sudden uptick in recruiting.  And I mean it was sudden.

Yeah, we landed some Rivals 4-stars, too.  But ours were mostly guys who started out under the radar when we started going after them.

Roby, for instance.  We were on him long before he had any real recruiting attention.  Morrow was a legacy recruit.  Horne was an unranked 3-star when we discovered him in the interim between Burno and the other guy.  Watson is really the only 4-star or Rivals 150 guy who was already a Rivals 150 guy when we got involved.

But those other guys suddenly started getting visits and landing some commits from players who were pretty sought after.

Upvote for the Shakespeare reference.

34 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Think there was speculation when Murphy was hired and the connections he had. They were moving into the Big East and knew they had to recruit at a higher level. I like Mac so hope he is not involved but I do not see how he would not have been. However I do not like the majority of their fans so it will be nice watching them back track and make excuses.

A friend of mine works with a bunch of Creighton alums. They told him because Nebraska was not on the list of schools to make illegal offers, it was proof we were not a "big time" program. Mentality being, if you don't cheat, you're not a real basketball school. Typical Creighton mentality.