Michigan (25-7) vs. Nebraska (22-9) game thread

1 minute ago, PimpMario said:
3 minutes ago, hskr4life said:
We do need Michigan to win the whole damn thing now.  That will help us a little bit.  

Like I said.  I think we have done enough for the play-in game.  Most will say no.  It's all in the committees hands now.

Yep our only hope is the committee wants us to win a playing game as a good story.

Orrrrrr that we have done enough looking at our overall body of work to earn the right to play in the dance.  That is my personal opinion.

I’m going to watch next Sunday hoping our name is called. I hope we impressed the committee somehow with our play down the stretch. Our resume just has too many holes...not enough good wins and no good wins on the road. Not our fault the Big Ten was very down...but unfortunatly it’s probably going to keep us on the wrong side of the bubble. 

Just now, royalfan said:

Damn Hawkeyes.  They win that sucker we are in the dance most likely and in the semi's.  That was a huge overtime yesterday.  So disappointing that we are really up against it now.  rasmussen not going to be able to go to bat for us too hard after this.  I cannot believe 13-5 in the Big Ten may not me good enough.  Crazy.  

yeah, it's not fair, but we are where we are. this was the one scenario NU could not afford. To play this poorly in a game where a lot of the people agitating against our invitation would be watching to see if we were "for real" or not. Well, now they "know". And if the committee let us in, they'd get an earful. I'm not sure we're worth that kind of effort on their part. And I wouldn't blame them a bit. 

Just now, PimpMario said:
2 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Orrrrrr that we have done enough looking at our overall body of work to earn the right to play in the dance.  That is my personal opinion.

I mean... The committee aren't computers... They are humans. Metrics say we are out. But maybe the humans will put us in.

Metric are only as good as those putting numbers in.  The $EC teams that are 18-12 are in.  Why? Because Joe LuNARDi gives them more credit for beating each other.

Nebraska's 3-point D has been good all year. It wasn't today. Michigan's 36 percent for year, but today they were at 48 percent.

Michigan also at 65 percent for the year from the line. Today, there were at 80 percent.

Nebraska's own shooting has been decent all year, 43 percent from the field. Today it wasn't: 30 percent.

C'est la vie. (That's French for "Fuck it all, anyway.")

Edited by jayschool

1 minute ago, B1G Red said:

Watching this game felt a lot like watching the game against Baylor in 2014. The moment just seemed way too big for us. 

We were off our game all game. Doing things we haven’t done since November. Defensively we were getting lost in transition. Pick and pop again was murdering us. Offensively we went back to hero ball and the staff or the players couldn’t get it turned around. We looked like November Husker basketball. Not the team we watched the last two months.